1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First shore caught halibut From Whitby Harbour

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by E.F.C. FOREVER, Jan 30, 2014.

1. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

[​IMG]

Thats correct boys a double figure halibut.

Heres the story this fine morning I decided that I would give a local secret mark that I aint allowed to mention on here a shot.

So armed with my trusty old spinning rod and 3 99p spinners that I found from the good old days when eric wilson had the only tackleshop in town trudged along to kiddies corner (sh'tballs cats out the bag) but shush dnt tell anyone........ anyway first cast CRACK!!!! spinner nearly took window out on the dolphin pub.

Thought 2 myself away perrance up ya game so tied another spinner on and chucked it up harbour. Anyway couple more throws and I had the biggest take ive ever had ......honestly line was screaming off my silstar reel like it was getting fritzled 2 a new level.

Anyway the beast had calmed down abit by now but the fun had only just begun. Local angler and well respected chimp Christopher Breckon swung down from under bridge and asked if I had a lighter for his teabag roll up.

Another 15-20 minuites went by and still neither of us were giving up the fight.... by this time I had asked chrissy to go and get me a landing net he did manage to come back with a crab catching net which he purchased from the roundhouse for 99p

By this time we were both tired and thankfully I just managed to edge it an 9.04 this morning chris landed my p.b. halibut. Hope you have enjoyed reading this as much as enjoyed living it thanks again ....perrance ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. simon22

simon22 Rockling

I had one of them off wigan peir last week perry! I am much better at catching them than u......pmsl

3. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Way to go.
    That is something to tell everyone down the pub.
    Tickling a 1.5lb trout aged ten still gets trotted out, so that has decades in it!
    ;D
    Awesome.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. E.F.C. FOREVER

Cheers lads I must admit I am rather proud of myself but I crnt take all yhe credit lad who landed it was sterling ::) wigan pier Its on my bucket list

5. smokey

smokey Rockling

LOL nice one Perry,made me chuckle ;D

6. simon22

simon22 Rockling

I will show u a few spots mate on peir. U need a big cast to get near the fish but if u get on em its doubles all the way

7. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Well done mate.

I had no idea that Halibut was on the menu inside the harbour.

Hat off to you for trying a different approach - especially at is time of year.

BP

8. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Think paul on sea otter is goin to start doin trips just off the berth. 60quid pp but well worth it if u hook one of them

9. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

That's a cracker Perry. Nice one, Well done that man.
    Had to chuckle at the tale too ;D ;D ;D
    Got to be better fishing the harbour than this work malarky I'm having to do.......
    6 nights a week for the next 10-15 weeks :'( :'( :'(

Carl

10. Jmeddy

Jmeddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Excellent perry well done mate .

11. E.F.C. FOREVER

Well there there aint they started fishing it as a kid so know the area quite well I suppose. As the like of glen and big cliff say on here ...... Think outside the box

12. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Do u fancy a ses in feb perry. I have some spinners and I think if we fish at night we could get one over thirty.

13. congerball

congerball Blenny

That's class!! Well done. Great fish.

14. craigyb

craigyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice 1 perry

15. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

That's one ell of a flattie,halibut on a spinner,unreal ;D
    Well done on a cracking fish ;)

16. E.F.C. FOREVER

Cheers si took it on the drop honest didnt realise halibut swim on top of water.

17. david blake

david blake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

its not the first of APRIL is it ;)

18. bullfish

bullfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Is this a real report? What were u targeting?

19. smokey

smokey Rockling

Jesus there's some gullible people on here ;D :p

• Like Like x 1
  20. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

I can't believe chrissy Brecon landed for you awesome eh