1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First roach

Discussion in 'Go Go Gadgets Pics' started by go go gadget, Oct 6, 2008.

1. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

caught this about a month ago. Was about a pound and my first ever roach .it took maggot under a float .

had about 30 perch aswell :tired:

[​IMG]

2. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

nice roach mate they are lovely fish. where did you get them from?

3. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice one Dan, I do like Roach. Nice looking lake by the way, wouldn't mind fishing there :yes:

4. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

its a place called the gill at lingdale lads, it has a few roach loads of perch, pike tench carp rudd and goldfish.

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

is it club owned or day ticket dan? looks really nice

6. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

I dont think anyone owns it. Midd angling club used to but they couldnt get a syndicate so they gave up. It isnt stocked anymore like.

7. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

i would think a natural pond like that would sustain itself. any chance you could give us directions to it? by pm if yoiu like

8. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

The roach and perch do breed matty, but i havent personally seen a carp in there. They go up to 20lb aparently.

9. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Pike you say, I think a trip with the lures is on the cards :cool:

10. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

only heard of one come out sam, bu tno one fishes for them so there may be more

11. Jem

Jem Blenny

its private Dan, like you say midd club had rights on it, then skelton angling shop (now long gone) got rights to it, then farmer hiked the price right up, apparently (so I've been led to believe) he wanted the club off so hiked the lease price so he could get a syndicate on it, whether its now owned/run by syndicate i don't know but be care full the farmer who as it ain't the friendliest,but when boro club had it i used to fish it regular and I've personally had roach to 2lb out of there, hooked and lost some really big fish on float gear, its a good reservoir getting neglected if no one has fishing rights to it

12. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

its fishing great this year mate, used to have a problem with cormorants picking off all the roach but a lad thinned them right out.

Its got about a dozen or so carp in from 3 to 20 lb aswell and as many roach as you want

13. lochbois

lochbois Guest

I saw one of the best and biggest roaches caught from Billingham Beck. I was a schoolboy then. The fish came out of Wynard Hall when their was a Flood. Lord Londonderry owned the Wynard Hall. I caught lots of the roach useing ledgered worm in a pool we called Kennedys Point. I fished the same pool this year but only got the one bite. The pool is blocked by a fallen tree these days. I have removed some branches and other rubbish .Its a lovely little beck. The plac i caught my first fish and the fish of a lifetime. The fish was a large brown trout . :happy:pB

14. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

i think its middlesbrough owned again.

cheers lee

15. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Well done mate. I am off for some tomorrow down the mere. Well over 2lb some of them. Come along if u want Dan.