1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Marine Plan Areas Named

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

2. Piscator

Piscator Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Only since I became a forum member have I been made aware of political pressures and the 'eyeing' of our beloved coastline. Perhaps I am still too uninformed to appreciate the precise nature of what is going on but throughout my fifty four years the pattern I have seen over and over is that any group set up to 'examine' a situation will sooner or later want to hold its position and justify its existence. This all leads to pessimism on my part: I still envisage sea angling licenses, local permits, catch quotas, species limits, insurance etc etc. The pips have yet to squeak but I remain convinced they will.

Steve.

3. DB2009

DB2009 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I have resigned from N.E.S.F.C. because of these and other proposed areas of restriction which in the general publics opinion have nothing to do with conservation but justification of paid positions for the few.
    Hopefully there will be cuts in funding and these will not happen.

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Hi David, its a shame you have resigned from NESFC based on what you mention there. Surely people who are against creating jobs and groups for no purpose whatsoever are the very people the committee needs. In my eyes the committee is full of yes men and councillors with no knowledge of the sea and perhaps some sort of vested interest. The one asset of NESFC is the couple of half decent staff they have, namely Dave Mcandles and a couple of others. David Mccandles seems halfway sensible but hes got a hell of a job on with some of the committee members and even some of the staff they employ who hate anglers.

Like you I hope that the Government cuts hit some of these groups hard. I would hate to see anyone out of a job, but I would like to see many of the do gooders at Natural England and Net Gain et al kicked into touch, the whole set up is a worthless jobs for the boys operation unwilling to face upto the real issues which everyone knows is commercial overfishing and law breaking.

5. DB2009

DB2009 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well said
    The NESFC is to be phased out shortly and replaced with an IFCA.
    I did apply for a member position on the IFCA but was unsuccessful and during the selection process it became clear to me that I would not be what they were looking for and indeed on my part the selected members may well be not be the sort of people that I would wish to be associated with.
    Since moving into the area in August I have had several instances of verbal abuse and one physical threat from local people who are livid with the situation and as my name was on the committee you can expect it.
    In short I don't want this and I certainly don't want my name putting to anything that is grossly unfair.
    I was not paid for my time or efforts during my time on the committee unlike many of the other members who were local government staff and I have to admit that I resigned feeling regret for my time served.
    There is a process in motion which must be stopped and I urge everyone to attend as many of the public meetings as they can.