1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First fish of 2014.

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by Jacko44, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Jacko44

Jacko44 New Member

The self takes on the timer aren't the best I will admit folks but here are my first two fish of 2014. Fishing my fifth session of 2014 and having endured three nights of plumetting temperatures and another that resulted in a lost fish I turned up at Welham after work last night to find active fish crashing out all over between 10 and 11/12. Three rods were spread from just off the island to my right hand margin towards the day peg.

The two fish I had both came within around 45 minutes of each other, one on the island spot on an slk bottom bait tipped with pink corn fished with a small bag of matching pellet and the second an slk pop up on a stiff hinge rig.

[​IMG]

15lb 9oz.

[​IMG]

2. trout and salmon

trout and salmon a silver salmon would be nice

Well done cracking fish them mate

3. Jacko44

Jacko44 New Member

Cheers Gar! Been a frustrating start to the year really, every time I have gone out this year I have been coming off mild-ish spells into freezing nights and I have been blanking and starting to overthink things. Back to the basics I know work for last night and a good result!

4. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Nice one, seen your pic on the Facebook page, thought you looked cold lol, lovely place Welham, hoping to be on there in next few weeks

5. Jacko44

Jacko44 New Member

Ah right, I'm not on facebook but I had put the pics on the welham website so Gaz could stick them on Facebook if he wanted. Think it'll really start to wake up over the next few weeks if this "mild" weather continues. Seemed to me alot of the fish were still grouped up in the shallower water at the top end as they usually do in winter. Can see it chucking up a real surprise fish this summer (27,28+)