1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First ever double

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Lobbers, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

[​IMG]

10lb 4oz. Caught may 1994 whitby west pier, big northerly

sorry about creases in the polaroid, girlfriend loved that photo of me, not the fish so she nicked it, folded it up to show just my face for her purse :angry:

2. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

A few pounds of the waste in them days paul still a lot of those doubles about back in the early 90ss nice to dig out the old memories where do the years go.

paul.

3. Lobbers

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: psml :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ive just dribbled a bit more,, first thing i thought about when she binned me for fishing too much, i reached for her purse and grabbed the only photo of my first pig lol.

4. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Set yourself a high standard to maintain then Paul.......you've managed to keep the game high since.........do you tink the venues you fish and the standard of the fishing available will ever see a Lobbers 20 ?

tIME WILL TELL.....i LL BE HAPPY WITH ANOTHER DOUBLE MYSELF....WHAT IS YOUR NEXT GOAL TO ACHIEVE ?

5. Lobbers

[​IMG]

First ever codling 3.5lb followed by a 2.5lb'er
    40 rods on salt burn pier that night, I was the only one with two fish. November 1992
    A pattern started to develop after that night, more often than not I would catch more fish than everyone on there. Nobody seemed to realise my different secrets.

6. Lobbers

i dont have any goals to achieve really worm, i just look forward to the next cod fishing session, if they are far between i tend to go for a bag of dabs, before the absoloute extreme desperate whiting sesh.

i look forward to taking my boys billet bashing on scarborough east pier, where i caught my first seafish as a seven yearold more than anything, actually thats my goal

7. Lobbers

[​IMG]

Wasn't long before I got my first 5lb plus ser

8. Lobbers

[​IMG]

Soon started catching more fish and 6lb pb

9. Lobbers

[​IMG]

One of my best nights ever 10lb 10oz , 9lb 6oz, 8lb 2oz best . There's a bag out of sight with 14 mops in it.
    26 codling Whitby west December 95
    My second double was overshadowed a bit by a massive bag. I'll never forget it, I could barely make it back to my car and them days you could park right up the pier at the lighthouse .
    more to come :yes:

10. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

The west peir years ago was littered with cars on a night it did get silly at times memories of the west peir once caught 10 codling fishing at the lighthouse chucking into the harbour mind you i was only 13 .
    There used to be lad who wouldnt fish anywhere else on peir he allways dropped down the wall at the lighthouse 2 hooks baited with mussel he very rarely failed to catch a codling in those days .

paul.

11. Jmeddy

Jmeddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking photos , oldies are always the best . My album is rather empty to say the least but I'm getting there lol

12. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Absolutely superb !!! What cracking photos and memories. WW Has certainly been good to you over the years Paul, Thank you for sharing.

13. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

very entertaining paul,well done.

14. flembo

flembo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

youve certainlly doubled in size too blobbers

15. rubbish

rubbish New Member

ha ha so he was slimmer once :tease: as for always being top rod on the pier arnt you forgetting someone, what was that you used to call me :whistle:many years ago. still cant remember you being slim though, how old were you in the pics 1o :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

16. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good stuff Paul. Some nice fish. Be good to see some more old photos of you guys with dome good fish.

Mick

17. Lobbers

cheers ste, your not as fit as you used to be , i rekon i would take you nowadays lol

18. Lobbers

i was lighter than you yah jonah

19. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Got any bass pics paul ?

20. Lobbers

im doing my cod first glenn , yea have pleanty bass on kodak :yes: