1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Cod Of The Year And Its A Double From The Bay !!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jape, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Jape

Jape Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Further Reading
    The Story

I Got a text from bowsey yesterday morning to see if i fancied a go with rod so got some bait out and headed for robin hoods bay.

Got there for half 4 bottom of slipway first cast had a good bite but never came back so reeled in to bait back up at this point lobbers came down and was talking to bowsey so baited up with cart mussel and couple of blacks shook pauls hand and wished him all the best .

Anyway cast the second bait in the water and stood there having a bit of banter with bowsey and paul then it happened rod lunged forward so reeled down and felt the fish straight away so pulled up into it new it was a decent fish just solid weight so off i went running to bottom of slip winding in all the time got it into the surf were it stopped dead so waited for the next swell to fetch it onto the beach when bowsey ran past and grabbed it for me cheers m8 .

First thing he said was that's a double so he got scales out 10lb 5oz it went to so first fish of the new year is a double well chuffed followed tide down and ended up with a couple more so all in all a brilliant start to new year fishing tight lines Jape.

https://www.facebook.com/WhitbySeaAnglers/posts/631471696899598

Attached Files:

2. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

Re: Double From BAY

Well done m8 well deserved for a top angler , you wait 25 years for a double and ya get 2 in a month !! Hope one turns up Sunday for one of us!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: Double From BAY

Well done mate thats a lovely start to the new year for you. That area is no stranger to big fish, its thrown a few over the years. Think Copey had his pb out of there, or very near, only a couple of years back.

Robin Hoods Bay from High Tide and into the ebb can be fantastic or it can be a nightmare depending on the weed situation. Looks like you avoided the weed and found the fish, well done again and happy new year.

4. boro roy

boro roy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Wot a fish to kick off the new year well done

5. Baramundi Bob

https://www.facebook.com/WhitbySeaAnglers/posts/631471696899598

6. lobsterman

lobsterman Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done mate lovely fish bowesy showed me it last night,i ended up with a mop.

7. crabbermart

crabbermart Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks for report and a big well done on the cod....belting fish....deffo a happy new year for you matey :)

8. Barnsley Chop

Barnsley Chop New Member

well done Jape what a start to 2014.

9. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Cracking fish, welldone

10. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Brilliant fish mate bet that made ya day I was gunna venture out last night for a walk down that way however. ..... The new years hangover beat me into spending day and night on the sofa.

11. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one fellah,proper fish :)

12. halfprice

halfprice Owt For Nowt

Welldone mate
    what a belter for the new year

13. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

belter mate well done! I got my PB about 100 yards futher to the right of where you were fishing from gunny hole, over hw. I have since this year taken fish from the very spot.

14. Baramundi Bob

15. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice fish mate. hope many more in store for you.

mck