1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First bass of 2014 plus a few other species

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mattylamb, May 26, 2014.

1. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I decided on a local session yesterday afternoon to kill a few hours. Having never really done a lot of shore fishing locally at this time of year I wasnt too confident but there was a nice long range swell with a bit of colour in the water so I thought I might get something.

Started off 3 hours down. First cast produced an undersize cod , followed by a keeper

[​IMG]

Next cast I got a cracking slackliner and this turned out to be a good sized eel

[​IMG]

As the gulley started to empty we made a short move and it wasnt long before I got another good bite and I was pleased to see my first bass of the year come in. A nice plump fish over 2lb which was returned. Ill be getting the plugs out soon :)

[​IMG]

Next cast another good bite and I struck into a bigger fish which snagged me up. I gave it some slack to see if it would swim it out but in the end I had to go for the break but luckily the rotten bottom did its job and I got the fish, a plump red cod weighing 4lb 8oz. After gutting it had a full soft lobster in its gut.

[​IMG]

After that it went quiet so another move was in order. First cast at the new mark and another codling which was returned. the bites started to become finicky so we called it a day. A cracking days fishing. It just goes to show there is good fishing locally if the conditions are right :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

2. limpet

limpet Blenny

canny result well done mate

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done Matty, lets hope a few more silver bullets show up soon.

4. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one Matty

5. glassback

glassback Blenny

well done matty a good mixed bag there
    it does look promising this year if conditions are good

6. vrs_1

vrs_1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done nice result

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

7. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Brilliant that Matty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. GJW

GJW Rockling

Good fishing Matty.. Well done on the Bass too.. Lets hope its a great summer for them..

9. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

well done Matty ,i had a 8lber local in june a few years back,,
    nice to see the bass are back .

10. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Nice one matty keeping the venue a secret though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 magic crystals shine bright with this one Jedi