1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first bass and first fish from a yak

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by oddjob, Aug 8, 2009.

1. oddjob

oddjob Blenny

evening all... last night went out with ducky an rob for a paddle and i got my first fish from my yak... needless to say i was chuffed to bits, carried on fishing after my first bass just took it easy and trolled a conrad lure for another 15 minutes and hooked this little beauty..

[​IMG]

went like a train.. managed to pull me and my yak which would normally take a 4X4 but this silver torpedo managed it with ease!! got it onboard and borrowed a priest to finish the job and then had a slow paddle back to shore all the while shaking like a sh@##ing dog.. was a cracking start to a terrific hobby, cheers ducky an rob and everyone else that has shoved me in the right direction..

[​IMG]

a cracking night..

thanks again
    steve

2. newdave

newdave Guest

looks a good fish mate, did you weigh it ?

3. oddjob

oddjob Blenny

forgot to say... big one 4lb 1oz and little one just shy of 2lb.

4. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

well done big man pleased for you,

(quote cheers ducky an rob and everyone else that has shoved me in the right direction quote ) looks like your showing them

5. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

hee hee...great feelin aint it bud.got my first one today! looks like there gonna be a hell of a lot of us hooked on bass before the years out!! lol

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

thats a very nice fish mate, well done

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Congratulations :wink: no doubt another convert to the kacking brigade ,nice fish :cool:

8. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done oddjob, you might have seen me perched on the rocks that night. I could hear everything you were saying to eachother it was so still, and Ducky was in south bay :cheesy:

9. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Well done Oddjob that's a lovely bass to kick off your yak fishing with, I hope The Duckster did the decent thing and bought you an drink to celebrate :baby:

10. rupert

rupert Blenny

Well done, there'll be no stopping you now!

11. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done mate, some nice fish there!

12. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

did i bu**er iain :laugh:. i did forget my wallet :sad: them fit bar maids were in again

well done mate, i manged my first bass a well only about 1.5lb and was not sure if it was size so went back for another day

13. johnboy_84

johnboy_84 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

congrats on your first bass thee addictive i just got my first couple this weekend there a great fight

14. robq

robq Rockling

Not bad for a 1st session !! Looks like you ate well the next day :hungry: :hungry:

15. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done oddjob, that's a great first session, a lovely fish also.
    Regards Ian

16. Dav

Dav Rockling

well done odd job , very nice fish.....

17. kipper

kipper New Member

they seem to be coming in fast and furious, must get my act together.

18. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

Crackin fish oddjob, first yak session aswell. Ducky`s not shut up about it all day, any one would think he caught it :laugh: :laugh:

19. oddjob

oddjob Blenny

shame you had a crappy day you were out there for hours... i was jealous as hell, every time i ferried sweaty trippers round the headland i could see you three fishing... good way for the duckster to loose weight though!! :laugh: :laugh: :whistle:

ramrod was that you stood right on the end near sea life center?

20. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Nice Bass there mate, well done! :happy: