1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fire, down port sat night

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by paulyfish, Oct 25, 2010.

1. paulyfish

paulyfish New Member

does anybody have any info on one of the fishermans sheds and crab pots being set on-fire on saturday night down port mulgrave. any information would be much appreciated. thanks

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

What sort of information. Whose hut was it ? It wasnt the fisheries officers brothers hut was it ?

3. god ov all cod

god ov all cod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i wa down port but the fire was alredy going when we got there so sorry

4. paulyfish

paulyfish New Member

sorry glen, it was my father-in-laws pots and his fishing partners shed full of fishing equipment, we would like any information to help catch the culprits. been told two young girls down there on sat night, same girls damaged two boats about three months ago.

5. ste muir

ste muir New Member

My mate fished port that night,he said that there was a couple of lads fishing who were also drinking. One lit a fire in a shed. my mate made them put it out. Didnt know them sorry

6. paulyfish

paulyfish New Member

ok thanks anyway, just seems never ending, pots thrown in sea, sheds burgled, equipment destroyed, threats of moorings being cut off, boats turned over and pushed in harbour, all this just this season alone.
    after all they are only hobby fisherman the same as ourselves but boat owners, not possible to carry engines and equipment up port cliff every time so they spend time and money building sheds only to have some moron set it on fire. we all moan if our cars get damaged while we are fishing, imagine if all our equipment got set on fire by some brain-dead idiot.

7. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

it makes me sick how some people have no respect for others property if i ever saw any 1 doing any thing like that they would be going for a swim. sorry to hear it paulyfish

8. paulyfish

paulyfish New Member

no worries boomstick, the threat of cutting the moorings was by a very well known poster of this site, disgusting in my eyes.

9. hughiep

hughiep Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

The problem is that the kids have no respect and there is no deterent...borstals should be brought back, not these namby pamby so called lock ups they have now....it all started when they did away with the cane at school !!!!

Sorry to hear about the shed mate hope you find out who it was and give them a good kicking !!!!

10. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

paul whos shed was it ? was it any ov mocka"s ?the is some scum about its never ending down there the always doing something the want stringing up by the short and curlies ,a have a few good friends who have sheds down there ,a also had a boat down there a couple ov years ago ,hope ya find out who did it m8 al keep me hear to the ground !

11. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Saw the fire whilst fishing Kettleness, figured it was just a bonfire. Thing is we could see that the fire and just about gone out but then started up again about 15mins later, either the fire spread to something else or someone was chucking on more firewood! :confused:

12. Baramundi Bob

Sorry Paul Cant help then. Only thing I heard was the fisheries officers brother was pi$$ing off the long term locals, so I thought maybe it was his gear. 2+2=5 in this case.

13. god ov all cod

god ov all cod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

there was a lad walking up the bank when we wer walking down he had no gear with him and when we got 2 the bottom there was a lad in a yellow jacket sat at the fire waiting for his m8 he sed dont no who they are but they wernt experienced fishers as they didnt no what a multiplier was so if thats any good

14. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

brainless morons ,if they ever get caught which is unlikely, nothing will be done .
    do gooders will see to that ,
    when i was growing up if you did anything bad you where a wrong un and got known as one, nowadays you have attention deficite disorder and its not your fault,
    its no wonder kids behave as they do these days .
    i just wonder what the do gooders will say when its their garage thats burning .
    nuff said.
    frank

15. captain cod eye

captain cod eye Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i hope this makes sence !!!!
    who ever it was was a mate of the lad who had 1 of about 5lb on the jetty.....!
    on my way down i dumped in to 2 lads (dodgy looking smackheads if you ask me)
    anyway talking to 1 of them he said sport was slow so they made a fire to pass a bit of time
    the funny thing is when me and my party of friends started fishing they vanished
    i hope this help

16. paulyfish

paulyfish New Member

thanks for that, did you notice if they had local accents.

17. captain cod eye

captain cod eye Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nah m8 they where townies 2 tall skiny things

18. paulyfish

paulyfish New Member

ok thanks for that matey, tight lines.

19. samsimms

samsimms Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I have a cabin at port and cant find out which cabin it was .any info would be very welcome just back from hols .Thanks for all the genuine concern lads we are only hobby fishermen the same as u its a back breaking task building a cabin down there as u can all imagine we sleep there most weekends and if the lights on the kettles on thanks again lads :

20. Baramundi Bob

Whoever is lighting fire needs to have a serious think about the consequences, especially if people sleep in the cabins. think it would be classed as murder.