1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filming With BBC Coast

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jul 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Myself, Mike and Alan (Big Cliff) have been out filming with the BBC today for the last ever series of coast. It was a fun day down the cliffs at Boulby where they filmed us on the cliffs and doing a spot of fishing. I believe the programe is to go out some time next summer. Anyone interested can view some pictures from today, over on my Facebook profile.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4199438266304.174748.1295209724&type=3

2. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

Looks a nice sea for down there today Glenn.
    Was there any coddies caught ?

3. robq

robq Rockling

coast is one of my fav progs at he mo :yes:

try and give us the heads up a bit nearer the time please Glenn :yes: :yes:

4. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

some cracking photos there Glenn.... didall the crew decend the cliffs as well with all the film gear... bet there was a few twitchy bums at times... cant wait for the series to come out ... love that programme "Coast"
    cheers
    Paul

5. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Look forward to seeing that one lads. How was the connection with Coast made?
    Was it this site, Mikes fossils or Alans jokes! :laugh:
    I like the coast music too, is that normal?

6. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

alans Jokes are as Old as Mikes fossils

7. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

That second pic say's it all,"man at one with nature"we'r so lucky to have such a stunning coastline,...love the programme.......mick. :yes:

8. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Well what can you say , all my jokes are brand new :wink: :whistle:, I had a really nice day , great weather , fab scenery , top notch company
    and meeting up with nic crane , cant be bad , it was quite a few years since I last climbed the cliffs at Boulby , I was well knackered by the time I
    reached the top but the legs held out , shame that Coast is finishing for me its a really good programme --------- What a lovelly day

9. Groyne

Groyne Guest

You should have sent Martin instead Alan, but then again he's like a rat up a drainpipe. I suppose with you, at least the camaraman could keep up and get some footage. :laugh: :laugh:

10. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

I think they must be putting your filming and when they filmed on sea- otter 2 together glen on the same progame they said it would probably be next may before it goes out on air.

paul.

11. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done to all look forward to the screening will you all be there in your tuxes for the premier
    or just in waders

12. Baramundi Bob

They found us through the site Ray. They wanted a story about Boulby with a connection of Industry and Nature. Mike's knowledge of the Jet, Alumn and Iron stone mining came in handy. They met up with us in May for a look about and were keen to learn who put the ropes in etc, hence we put them in touch with Alan. It was a great day and I think we all feel really privileged to be part of such a great program.

13. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Excellent! Felt as though we were a bit "short changed" around this area in the past. Hope you caught some fish :cheesy:

14. Baramundi Bob

Err Fish ? Aint seen one of them since last October.

15. Baramundi Bob

Hi Glenn,

I’ve just rang and left a voicemail message for you. Just wanted to let you know the episode of Coast that we filmed last year will be on television next Wednesday (1st May) at 8pm BBC2. I’ve rang and spoke to Mike and Alan too so hopefully you’ll all be able to watch and enjoy.

Thanks for all your time and patience last summer, we had such a fun filming day! I know it always seems like a lot of standing around and doing things over and over for only a few minutes on television but lots of people love this story and it came out really well so thanks again for everything.

Hope all is well in the East and you’ve been getting plenty on fishing done through the winter!

Best wishes,

Hannah

Hannah Ward

RESEARCHER - COAST

BBC Natural History Unit

16. CAB78

CAB78 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Been looking forward to this for a while now; looks a very nice mark indeed, hope you'se managed to catch one or two. I like how the BBC crew are all togged up with ropes and helmets yet the fisherman appear to be out for a stroll :scare:
    Never been here or fished any of the local marks but intend to this year, but this location looks like a canny yomp

17. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I've put a reminder on my phone and looking forward to watching it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk