1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fillet knife can any one recommend one?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bowesy, Dec 17, 2009.

1. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

just woundering if any one no s where a can get a decent fillet knife from that doesnt cost the earth ? cheers bowesy , not that it will get much use!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

2. mick webster

mick webster Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I bought one from Beverley market , ive' had it for ages, it was only about a fiver.

3. Groyne

Groyne Guest

Boyes Fladen filletting knife, about £4.69 last time I looked. Don't know how good they are though. :laugh:

4. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Simon i got the best knive ave ever had out of tescos £2.50 me and mick Webster got knive sharpeners£10 far better than anything else on the market ill get you one to try knive that is tightlines Alain

5. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

my mate bought me a japanese fish/sushi nife last crimbo called NIROSTA, it has an 10 inch blade, its bloody sharp, like a samuri sword, you only have to look at it and your sliced :wounded: :scared:

6. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

I have a mustad knife , after i use it i blunt it and resharpen it each time i need it ,

7. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

8. steerser

steerser Blenny

9. cod_dodger

cod_dodger New Member

nisbets.com
    catering wholesale, deliver out of bristol 24 hr despatch
    get a victorinox fexible filleter keep it at home and don't take it to the the beach
    I have one and use it every day professionally it's about 15 quid, easy to keep sharp and grind as it's fairly soft steel
    It's possibly the cheapest knife I use as all the others I now have are handmade and nearly cost as much as some of my rods! although they get a lot more use and see more fish :laugh:

10. jacfodder

jacfodder Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

any so long as its made of decent steel don't pay the earth. don't use a steel to sharpen, use a stone a steel will rip the blade to shreds.

11. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I got a cheap 1 from tesco its good and stays sharp for ages i use my car window to sharpin it best thing to use beats any stone iv had

12. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Am i reading this right ,a car window to sharpen a knife :surprise: go on i,l fall for it ,how do you do that then :suspious:

13. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

lol its true i seen it on a cooking porogram put your window half way down rest the blade at aprox 30° angle on the edge of the glass and move the knife from the handle to the tip as if your taking a slice off the window (dont need a lot of presure) repeat a couple of times each side some times twice each side is enough if youget it right its amazin

14. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club