1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filey Open....Fishing The Brigg End

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by smokey, Jun 8, 2008.

1. smokey

smokey Rockling

Just a quick report from a days fishing on Filey Brigg..

Off i went this morning to pick Langy up ,not a cloud in the sky or a breath of wind,it promised to be a good day :happy:
    Off we headed up onto the cliff top,to find a glassy flat sea and clearish water :cheesy:
    [​IMG]
    The chosen mark was either Gully Wash,or the Brigg End and after walking on with Billy Codling who had his 13 year old daughter and Ian07 with him,nice to meet you mate :happy: ,had a quick look at Gully from the top and decided on the Brigg End.No sooner had we gone down Carr Naze,when we could hear Lobbers voice from about 500 yards away :whistle: :wink: Sure enough there he was with a right motley crew of pirates and repribates :whistle: :tease:
    After a quick yarn with "Dav the Codling" and Davey "Not so Rubbish" A the start time was right on us.There was an angling boat just in range and Lobbers was first to fire a warning,about 5 yards off it's cuddy :scare: Then Davey A fired another one about 10 yards off it,needless to say he didn't hang around long :no:
    [​IMG]
    Moses did his usual trick and showed every one how to walk on water quickly followed by the rest.Crabadabado Col played it cool and stayed well up the scaur and showed everyone how it should be done,a nice 4lb er first cast :happy: Followed by everyone getting bites mainly from wrasse,i had one fast as ar5eholes 20 yards out and lost the bugger pulling out,not a monster but a promising start.Wrasse after wrasse came out with the occasional codling thrown in,Bosun Cappleman snaffling a 3lb Pollock and a 4lb Codling.Meanwhile Lobbers was doing his best to empty the North Sea of Wrasse,i lost count how many he had.
    [​IMG]
    I thought i had seen it all when local rod Rich "Hoofer" Johnson pulled out the tins of strongbow,he must have been soaking his bait in it,his bite rate shot up :whistle: :tease: Then along pops one of Moses golfing pals with a bagfull of strongbow,delivered to his feet :surprise: This wasn't a good move as Moses couldn't buy a fish and with an hour to go,was threatening to throw all his gear in and never fish again,then he started ranting about someone having pi55ed on his bait... :surprise: :cheesy: Well i did have to go somewhere :whistle: :butt:
    Moses looking not too happy (don't forget my £2 for heaviest fish)
    [​IMG]
    Then i nearly split my sides when i saw Lobbers go arse over tit,he wasn't too impressed when everyone started laughing and slinging abuse at him.He soon got back to the fishing and wound down on a stonker of a bite,what could have taken his shark hook with several crabs on?? better fish Smokey he shouts across as he pumps the monster out of the deeps,after sweating and winching in the pig it finally surfaces :surprise: "AAAAAWWWWWWWW NNNNOOOOOOO" bellows Lobbers :embarrass: :embarrass: as he rather embarrassingly shows off his prize catch......Wait for it.....A FLOUNDER!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It's a good job Dav "the codling" had moved cause he would have loved it..Begrudgingly Lobbers posed for his trophy shot...
    [​IMG]
    All in all,a great days fishing,just a shame there wasn't a codling or 2 more around.I ended up with 2 Codlings,and a Wrasse for 9lb odd and lost 2 more,Lobbers had every species known to man,Davey A had a fish or 2 and Dav "The Codling" snaffled a codling or 3.Not the result i was after but big thanks to the lads from up north,a great days banter and hopefully a few friends made.Sorry to Quint for not having that chat,our lass needed to shoot home,will catch up soon....Roll on the festival it's gonna be a cracker :happy: I won't mention that Billy Codling (wec) got shafted by his 13 year old daughter,4 nice codlings for 10lb,a big well done Hannah.The winning fish came from down Rollup by Paul Meunier a fish of 5lb 3,there was 2 or 3 4lb ers and a glut of fish in the 3lb range :happy:...tight lines :happy: :happy:

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Nice report Smokes. Love the Moses Picture. :happy:

3. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Nice report Smokes - it least it felt like summer although the codlings were a bit thin on the ground

Heres a few pics of Bemmo - the first shows why you should not wear neoprene chesties walking on - "I'll never do that again"

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. smokey

smokey Rockling

I was soaked by the time i got to Brigg End :surprise: It was mentioned several times that it would be a monster of a walk under there today.Full marks on putting in the effort,got to agree about the codlings,there were more wrasse than codlings down the end :surprise: tight lines.Hiking boots down under there today Danny boy,not a day for chesties :educated: tight lines

5. dbrown

dbrown Guest

I really was piss wet thru with sweat. Thighs next time :laugh:

6. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Bemmo was quite disappointing, managed to lose one early doors then never had a decent bite for ages. Moved to a mark over low water then got 4 in 4 chucks but 2 of them were under size, the biggest was 3lb 11oz. Great report Mart!

7. fishergirl

fishergirl Blenny

should have taken a camera with me - would have given me something to do all day :whatever: at least i managed to get nick to wipe the cobwebs off of his rod Though the bugger was a tad unfit - only went down cloughton and reached pondhole a good 10 minutes before he did!! which i'm quite proud of!! though i did look a bit like this when i got home :embarrass: bloody sunburn :angry: there were a few rods on ragglescar and one on spiderhole Did anyone hear of anything being caught??

8. robq

robq Rockling

What a scorcher of a day :surprise: :surprise: I will bet there were a few with sunburn last night !!

great pics and report Smokey :yes:

we were greeted with this beautiful scene when we arrrived at our mark ( my entry for pic of the month )
    [​IMG]

It was top of the tide when we arrived but as soon as it started to ebb Jellyworm was super keen as ever to get on his mark and nearly came a cropper several times :surprise:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately my match ended as it started losing a nice fish halfway in on my 2nd cast and then went on to drop 3 more :angry: I managed a mop and a wrasse and the worm a mop too. Nice to see the young lad win with that redfish from radium in his 1st ever match :surprise: :happy: :happy:

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

Great pics and reports smokey,rob and quint , a real good day it was , and like everyone else im abit burnt today ......looks like you should of took ure snorkel jelly , Thats what i kept tellin me self all day ,,,,,,

10. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

I won't mention that Billy Codling (wec) got shafted by his 13 year old daughter,4 nice codlings for 10lb,a big well done Hannah

shes gonna buy me a fix spool out of her winnings :cheesy:

11. rubbish

rubbish New Member

quality report and pics smoke , pitty you did not get a close up of lobbers face at the weigh in , it was redder than captain beetroots, do not no if it was sunburn or the embarresment of catching that flounder :laugh:, great day ,thats what fishing is all about :yes:

12. MFC

MFC Blenny

Great reports and well done to every one for taking part

13. smokey

smokey Rockling

Quality pic of the Worm Rob :happy: You were right about the sunburn, something along the lines of a boiled lobster...very very sore... tight lines :happy:

14. Maxie

Maxie New Member

one of the best reports ever that smokey :happy:

15. robq

robq Rockling

Jellyworm is as keen as an angler I have ever met Smokey !! he is up for just about anything :surprise: :surprise:
    I was just too late with that shot, he was almost up to his armpits 5 seconds before :scare:

16. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Yeehaa..!!! bring it on..lol....and before any of the do gooders start,no I never tested the depth,no i never wore armbands and I didn t have a liferaft...lol :wink: :canadian: :canadian: :butt: :butt: :butt:

17. carpyken

carpyken New Member

As long as you didnt pee in the water mate I cannot see any H & S issues :laugh:

18. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

looks like a good day :yes: well done lads

19. smokey

smokey Rockling

That very same place,but coming back round on a flooding tide,i jumped off the ledge and somewhat misjudged the depth.Surfice to say i dissapeared completely :embarrass: :embarrass: tight lines