1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filey Open Fishing Match John Smiths Open Sunday 2nd November.......THIS WEEKEND

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jun 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

John Smiths Open (Penn Match) will be held on 2nd November 2008, fishing 10am-3pm, weigh in by 4pm. @ Filey snooker club, all entry monies to be given back as prizes, eg. even 20th place receives £50.

2. rubbish

rubbish New Member

Re: Filey Open Fishing Match John Smiths Open

apparently redcar open and shiremoor open the same day , :confused: will have to split myself in three :laugh:

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: Filey Open Fishing Match John Smiths Open

This match is coming up at the weekend. Hopefully this weeks seas will bring a few fish in.

4. smokey

smokey Rockling

F.B.A.S John Smith's Open........Sunday 2nd November.......THIS WEEKEND

FILEY BRIGG ANGLING SOCIETY'S JOHN SMITH'S OPEN

SUNDAY 2ND NOVEMBER

HEAVIEST SINGLE FISH MATCH

FISHING TIMES 10AM-3PM WEIGH IN BY 4PM AT FILEY SNOOKER CENTER

LOW WATER AT 12.13PM.......5.31METER TIDE (SCARBOROUGH)

PENN SEA LEAGUE POINTS REGISTERED

1ST PRIZE £350,2ND PRIZE £200.... + CASH PRIZES.....LAST YEAR CASH PAID TO 17TH PLACE

OVER £1500 PAID OUT LAST YEAR

ALL ENTRY MONIES PAID BACK IN PRIZES

Tickets are available at most local tackle shops including North Bay Angling in Bridlington,Bill Costin and Castle Foot in Scarborough,Ady Collings Butchers on Union Street in Filey,not sure about Whitby but for anyone who wants to know,drop me a PM and i will find out.A quality buffet will will laid on for all anglers returning to the weigh in.It's a heaviest single fish match which anyone can win,so any of you out there who say,no point fishing,i can't beat them top guys...think again!!! anyone can win.Come on guys and support a local open,dust down your tackle,bribe the Mrs and get you tickets bought... tight lines :happy:

5. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

As Smokey say's anyone can win.
    heaviest fish matches are where a complete novice can beat a world champion.

6. cps

cps Rockling

sadly not me as i will be heading south down the m1 :cry: :cry:

7. smokey

smokey Rockling

What a shame...hehe..... At least you won't come screaching up to the weigh in with a minute to go and beat me again... tight lines

8. MFC

MFC Blenny

Rods &Reels in whitby should have tickets,

9. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Are the boundries the usual Whitby West Pier to South Landing or open ?????

10. smokey

smokey Rockling

I'm nearly sure it's the usual boundaries..Whitby West Pier-South Landing.It's something that has been missed by us on the comittee and i will deffo bring it up at our next meeting to get it opened up for next year...Are you fishing Dave?? tight lines :happy:

11. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Yes Mart deffo fishing, been concentrating on the beaches of late as time has been a bit tight with work etc so really looking forward to getting back out on the rocks...hopefully I will fish better than my normal consistant blank in a match.....oh have a word with the committee about sorting a btter wind too Mart....nth easterly....brrrr

12. smokey

smokey Rockling

It was a snotty old day last year as well,to top it off,1st cast a wave hit the scar in front of me,dumped on top of me and fried my mobile.At least there should be a nice sea on again this year which will bring a few more venues into play.tight lines

13. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Deffo ...you thought you had a bad day ! Mine was worse.....I would rather have been on that scaur with a wave crashing in than where I was......AT WORK !..LOL...At least off this year.

14. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

little legs had a good day if i remember rightly ,4 prizes in the top 20

15. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Can't remember cps doing any good Bill :cheesy: Got lots of kisses though :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: and one from your lass too :kiss: :laugh: Glassback had a good day too in the pairs :whistle:

Class1

Ray maddison,8-15 :kiss:
    Peter Bayes,6-6
    Robbie Harrison,5-13¾
    Ray Maddison,4-9¼ :kiss:
    Steve Acklam,4-9
    Aaron Brown,4-8
    Ian Sellers,4-7¾
    Ray Maddison,4-5 :kiss:
    Martin Cammish,4-1¼
    Luke Ingle,3-11
    Peter Bayes,3-7
    Robbie Harrison,3-6½
    Martin Cammish,3-5
    Ray Maddison,3-0 :kiss:
    Simon Barker,2-15½
    Adrian Sutton,2-11
    Jessica Barker,2-8
    Billy Colling,2-1¾
    Dave Turnbull,2-0¾
    Martin Cammish,1-14¾

No juvenile weighed in

No flat fish weighed in

Heaviest fish by a FBAS member
    Robbie Harrison, 5-13¾

Superpool
    Ray Maddison, 20-12½ :kiss:
    Peter Bayes, 9-13

Pairs
    Ray Maddison and Andy Barmby, 20-12½ :kiss: :ugly: :laugh:

Total number of competitors, 104

16. cps

cps Rockling

crap day last year sea was abit in between walked towards bayso to watch him pulling that fish in that got him second :sad: won it a year or two befor that i think

17. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

could be a very similar sort of day this year chris ,will the great raymondo strike again !,
    at least i'll know where NOT to go :gum: :tease:

18. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

It,s a long shot Bill but at least Glassback is fishing this year. His back has toughened up now after his op, he,s more of a cinder-toffeeback :cheesy:

19. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

your on form tonight raymondo :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

20. riley.

riley. Blenny

maybe my quiet voice of this year will reward me more than last... i went with smokey last year and got introduced to lobbers and dav i think i can remember lobbers saying that he had a 3lbr but decided to let the filey locals sneak more prizes isnt that nice of him........have fun lads