1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filey Kayak Match - Well Done Ben Q

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

yep.....sounds good to me :yes:

2. spud

spud New Member

Big thanks to all involved organisers and participants for a truly fantastic day. You shore have the best yakking seen in the UK by miles keep it up lads. Just a few shots from the weekend. :cheesy:

Eh if i cant right click how the do i put pictures up from photo bucket :confused:

Sorted :laugh:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And just for that some more from the Fri and Sat :cheesy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats all folks till next year :)

3. smokey

smokey Rockling

Click below the pic where it says IMG til it turns blue,right click the pic,copy then paste..job done... tight lines

4. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

nice pictures spud

5. hatter3

hatter3 New Member

Decided to go over to filey, a few days before the competition to meet up with Ken and Spud on Thursday night. Got their for about, 10 o'clock. The intention was to pitch my tent up that night, but as time was getting on and I was feeling a little bit knackered after the long drive over their Ken kindly offered me a bed in his caravan awning that I gratefully accepted (cheers ken)

The next morning we, me, Ken, spud, Dave decided that we was going to go fishing out of Robin Hood Bay. Just north of Scarborough parking was a bit iffy but the venue was fantastic, after a puddle of about mile and a half. We got to the first fishing mark and with the first drift. I was into at this fish
    We fished the floods or high water resulting in about eight cod between us.
    My first two Yorkshire cod
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

robin hood bay
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

spud and ken in the swell
    [​IMG]

Saturday, we was joined by lozz and decided to go fishing off the Filey brigg. Again, the fishing was quite slow, but we did manage to get a few fish that day. When we arrived back at the campsite, we were greeted by newyaker and Growler who had arrived with a lord of nice shiny new equipment.

Sunday the day the fishing comp.
    I walk up to bright sunshine, and hardly any wind ideal conditions for kayak Fishing. After sorting out on the tackle and getting the kayak down to the launch point, which was in walking distance from where we was camped. We was all prepared for the launch started the competition. As we launched a turned back to see what looked like the charge of the light Brigade but only with 33 kayakers paddling for all they was worth to get around the brigg first to claim their fishing spot.
    Some of the locals were straight on to fish well as myself and a few others like today previously struggling to find where the fish was but as the day wore on We did eventually coax a couple of cod up, as the tide started to flood from the North and get stronger winds picked up from the south. That made for some interesting conditions. Then at about 4 1/2 hours into the competition, the organisers decided to call it a day, as it looked as if there was some bad weather, coming our way. This turned out to be a good call because just as we got back into the bay. The heavens opened up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

By the time we all got to the weigh in. You would never of know. We had just had some torrential rain, as it was bright sunshine, but still a little bit of Wind.

At the weigh in there was some good fish being brought to the scales with three double figure cod and plenty of other fish around about the five pound mark, but the best fish of the day was a13lb cod with second and third Both coming in just over 10lb with only ounces to separate them.
    I think everybody who launched all caught fish, making this venue, a superb location.
    At the weigh in it was clear from the atmosphere that this competition was more about the social side of kayak Fishing. And not just winning.
    Big thanks must go out to all who helped to organise this match to the safety boats, And filey Fishing Society.

6. Dav

Dav Rockling

Thats a lovely fish ben , very well done mate, , looks like i missed a good event , abit peeved now ....also well done to everyone else who took part and did well .......well done ....

7. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Whats happened to you and Garry on the yaks Dav ?? Ive not seen you out yet.

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

To be honest glen , its fitting the bugger in for me . i am gona make time soon . probably end up tagging along behind yous sometime , someones gotta look after yers .... :cheesy: :cheesy:

9. Baramundi Bob

You 2 guys know you are always welcome.

10. Dav

Dav Rockling

yeah appreciate that glen ..... :happy:

11. carpyken

carpyken New Member

A good article in todays 'Filey & Hunmanby gazzette about the match with pictures of Ben and Ian (Midland yacker)

Ken

12. newdave

newdave Guest

be more than happy to get out with your good selves, just give us a pm next time you think you have some time, we need to get you both confident in time for the Scarborough match :yes:

13. Baramundi Bob

14. mr softee

mr softee New Member

Its nice to see the Brigg again its making me homesick. A big well done Ben and all the lads that took part , some nice fish caught on the day looks like you all had a cracking day.Can't wait to get the yak out it arrives on Tuesday.

15. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Just returned from my week away, a big well done to the 'mighty quinn' :cool: :cool: :wink: A great achievement to win but to win with such a nice fish makes it even better, was a great day and very well run. Thank you to Quint and the rest of the Filey boys for organising such a great event, I enjoyed myself and look forward to next years event :yes:

16. marshy

marshy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sorry for late response, just found the library in Loftus to get on line.

Organizers, well done, cracking job.

Ben congratulations, amazing fish.

Marcelck, many thanks for helping me get up the hill! :embarrass:

Havent been out since `cos of the weather but gonna try and get out this week.

See you next year.

Jim

17. marcelxl

marcelxl New Member

18. Baramundi Bob

19. Baramundi Bob

20. Baramundi Bob