1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filey Kayak Match - Well Done Ben Q

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jul 5, 2009.

1. mww

mww Rockling

Can only agree with Big Cliff - well done to all - competitors & organisers.

Particularly good to see the amount of guys who travellled a fair old distance & that they featured well up in the prize list - something that you should be very proud of!!

Mart

2. johno

johno New Member

had a great day many thanks to quint and the filey club for organising the match hope it carrys on for many years well done ben smashing fish

3. mark8

mark8 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Also just to say thanks to the organisers for a great day. Certainly the most valuable dab I have evey caught at eighty quid a pound.

Was very different to my normal fishing and would love to join some of the lads for a day out when I am in the area again

4. newdave

newdave Guest

glad you enjoyed it Mark, just post on here the next time you are up this way i am sure you will be welcome to join whoever is out & about. :yes:

5. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

what a cracking day me and my son lee had......what a well run and friendly comp it was ......well done to all the lads who managed to get to the prize table...and well done to ben on your victory.....and thanks to everyone who made us feel very welcome and very safe .......no doubt i could just repeat what everyone has already said....what a great day....(the night before wasn't to bad either...cheers ken and co)

thanks to all of the members of FBAS for a great day.......we will be back agan nextyear...
    well done lads
    best regards
    Paul and Lee

lee watching someone hauling a fish in...think it was jellyworm.....
    [​IMG]

6. carpyken

carpyken New Member

7. johnhelen

johnhelen New Member

Hello lads , just read the thread Ken put up on AA and what a fantastic result :yes: a massive well done to young Ben , helen and me are well chuffed for you mate :yes: well done to glenn and newyaker (neil) and all the rest :yes:

paul and myself along with helen were doing a SOT course down south ...maybe next year we will come up again .. :whistle:

i hope you are all well and tight lines.. :yes:
    once again ..well done Ben :yes:

john

8. PNGWIN

PNGWIN New Member

A big thank you to FBAS, for their time and effort in running this event. well done Ben, Neil, glen spud and all the other winners. a grate day for all . looking forward to next year, but not the Hill :hurt:. PNG

9. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

Absolutely excellent weekend. Can't help but think the weather may bite us sometime soon, we were so lucky. Back down to earth with a bang tonight- NIGHTSHIFT.... :sad:

Off to Cornwall on Thursday though for 2 weeks, so will see what's on offer down there. Maybe some BIG Pollack...? The one yesterday was my PB though... :happy:

Thanks again to Filey Angling Club.

Ian

10. carpyken

carpyken New Member

You certainly got to grips with those pollock Ian, wasn't it three quality fish in two days? Good to meet you mate :cheesy:

11. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

I had 2 more 5lb ish yesterday too....

12. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Shame you guys couldnt make it, as it would have been nice to see you all again. Will you be up for the Scarborough match ?

13. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

They can`t make Scarborough Bb because of another event but next year things will be different as people will communicate event dates across the forums and hopefully there`ll be no double up on dates.

14. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Are we seeing a Whitby match Glenn added to the calendar ?..I know that there is a possible Brid kayak match in the developement stage as well.............would be really good to have all the towns along the coast putting an annual match on........not sure if Hornsea would be a suitable venue :wink:....but you never know ...so Glenn is there a Whitby lad with the know how to give us a third match to go at next year ? :happy: :happy: :happy:

15. newdave

newdave Guest

It seems like this area has a taste for competitive fishing, but for me it would be nice to see another event in a different part of the country so we could be the visitors, looking at some of the pictures posted from ST Abbs etc, maybe our northern breathren might step in ? Lindisfarne :wink:

I still like the idea that was floated some time ago of a team event, maybe 4 man teams with the heaviest 4 fish bag ?, maybe there is time to sort something like that this year, £50 a team winners take all ? plus heaviest fish sweep.

I can see a few good teams, the Smoggies, whitby wooliebacks, Algerinos, Hull Codheads, etc

16. Baramundi Bob

I think we have to have a Whitby event next year for definate. I will enlist some help and make sure it happens. As for a team event bring it on.

17. robq

robq Rockling

You forgot the russians and the scabbies Dave :cheesy: :cheesy:

18. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Stuff it, lets just have a Yorkshire coast knock-up next weekend, tenner a man, biggest bag, winner takes all. :yes: :cheesy:

been thinkin about it all day :happy:

19. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Be good to have a meet up point , register, then 6 hours to fish/travel/launch/land and be back at the same point to weigh in.....a kayak rover open boundries........no one will fish your drift then !.....lol.....I m in Wales this coming weekend after some tope or Bullhuss or...orr..or what ever .....and the wind looks good for the Lleyn Peninsula as well......so you all enjoy the northerlies and easterlies in Yorkshire...lol

20. Baramundi Bob

Just stick a tenner in an envolope and post it to Ray.