1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filey Kayak Match - Well Done Ben Q

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I dont want to say too much as Im sure Quint and some of the Filey lads will do a bit of a report for this one, but Forum member Ben Q has wiped the floor with the opposition in todays kayak match at Filey Brigg. I can't remember the exact weight but the fish was about 13lb and caught in the early flood from the back of the Brigg.

Im sure the Filey guys will add thier bits once they get time. No doubt someone will have a rundown of the full results which saw 3 double figure cod on the scales.
    Also a big thankyou to Quint for organising the match and also to the lads from Filey fishing club who went out of their way to make us feel welcome on thier patch, proving what Ive known for a while that this is one of the best run and friendliest fishing clubs on our coastline.

Kayak results Sunday, 5 July 2009

1. Ben Quinn, 13-0-1, Whitby
    2. Neil Bugdol, 10-8-7, Maltby (Rotherham)
    3. Glenn Kilpatrick, 10-1-0, Whitby
    4. Ken Oliver, 8-7-1, Hull
    5. Ian Pickering, 6-3-7, Derby
    6. George Colquhoun, 5-15-5
    7. Ray Maddison, 5-12-9, Scarborough
    8. Damien Townsend, 5-8-9, Whitby
    9. Dan Probert, 5-4-2, Whitby
    10. Dave Adamson, 5-2-8, Ayton
    11. Jim Marsh, 4-14-5, Gatwick
    12. Dave Jacketts, 4-11-1, Hornsea
    13. Sam Baxter,4-10-6, Skelton
    14. Bob Johnson, 4-3-1,Bridlington
    15. Andy Butler, 3-11-7, Hull
    16. Mark Radcliff, 3-5-6, London town
    17. Andy Elliot, 2-11-0, Doncaster

Heaviest flatfish - Mark Radcliff, 0-9-2

33 Fished

Well done Ben Q - your the man !!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well done ben :yes:. and thanks quint and all the filey lads.

was it the plastic yaks in the top 2 places :butt: :laugh:

3. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

Thanks for all turning up lads, some of you came a long way as the results show.
    Big up for quint who did a cracking job putting this match together, and thank you someone up there who was watching over us and gave us one of the best days weather and fishing we've seen for a while, even gave us a sign that it was time to pack up (big ol fat rain!!)

Well Done to Whitby's Ben Quinn who showed us how to catch BIG fish - but that's what they do at Whitby, innit???

Kayak results Sunday, 5 July 2009

1. Ben Quinn, 13-0-1, Whitby
    2. Neil Bugdol, 10-8-7, Maltby (Rotherham)
    3. Glenn Kilpatrick, 10-1-0, Whitby
    4. Ken Oliver, 8-7-1, Hull
    5. Ian Pickering, 6-3-7, Derby
    6. George Colquhoun, 5-15-5
    7. Ray Maddison, 5-12-9, Scarborough
    8. Damien Townsend, 5-8-9, Whitby
    9. Dan Probert, 5-4-2, Whitby
    10. Dave Adamson, 5-2-8, Ayton
    11. Jim Marsh, 4-14-5, Gatwick
    12. Dave Jacketts, 4-11-1, Hornsea
    13. Sam Baxter,4-10-6, Skelton
    14. Bob Johnson, 4-3-1,Bridlington
    15. Andy Butler, 3-11-7, Hull
    16. Mark Radcliff, 3-5-6, London town
    17. Andy Elliot, 2-11-0, Doncaster

Heaviest flatfish - Mark Radcliff, 0-9-2

33 Fished

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Baramundi Bob

Top 3 for the tupperware boys

5. smokey

smokey Rockling

A very well done Ben,you seem to be getting a reputation for hunting down the big un's lately :cool: I think the day was enjoyed by most,if not all,overall a better day you couldn't have picked,it's just a shame the numbers of fish were not there,having said that though,the stamp of fish was very good.Did the paddle last the journey home Glenn :whistle: :wink: :happy: tight lines

6. Baramundi Bob

Thanks Bill, Have you als0 got a list of sponsors ?? Ill post the results and some pics onto all the forums etc.

7. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Love it ......i ll save the serious bit for quints thread.......tupperware boys to the fore....but really you lot should think about getting something easier to paddle....if you re snapping paddles making em move then what else needs saying !!...lol

8. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Great day and thanks for all those that fished and supported the match, will do a report and a few pics after me tea and beer

9. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

sorry glenn. see tupperware better, and cheaper better full stop face it jelly there better than the blue badge lot.

10. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

great day . well done to quint for organising it and the other filey lads . plus of course the lads in the boats, smokey , langy etc.

well done to Ben on yet another pig !

11. Baramundi Bob

12. mike33

mike33 New Member

Bens 13 pounder

[​IMG]

Glenns 10 Pounder
    [​IMG]

Well done lads........... a great day was had by all

Mike

13. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

cracking fish glenn

14. newdave

newdave Guest

another great day, well done to Ian & all the filey lads for making it a success, and a big thank you to all those who entered & supported the event, especially our new mates from all over the UK hope to see you all again plus a few more in September. congratulations to Ben & all the other winners , it was not easy today & the results proved there are some top anglers in these toy boats whatever they are made off :yes:

15. Baramundi Bob

16. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Great day today. As has been said, well done to all involved for organising a great match which hopefully will continue and grow. A lot of time was donated by the FBAS lads from the saftey boats to the registration, bbq and much more. A special thanks to Quint too, the founder of yakking around these parts, for his part in making it happen, thanks lads.
    Well done Ben for winning too.
    I,m sure king Frankie is fancying a yak :wink:

17. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Looks like the great quint has taken an early bath........was saving the thanks for his thread but anyway...all said I m sure.........thanks to AIDY COLLING MASTER BUTCHER for the best burgers I ve tasted in a long time..........a well organised event and one that we ll hopefully be marking the diaries for next year....

WELL DONE iAIN YOU DID YOUR CLUB PROUD TODAY :happy: :yes: :yes: :yes: (but wash your club shirt next time lad !...lol... :tease: :tease:).

Good to see so many people turn out and a lot of good fish caught....well done everyone from THE FILEY BRIGG ANGLING SOCIETY and thank you for a great day.

Consider a pledge of a prize for next years event already made by Jellyworm.

Regards Dave.

18. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Well done lads, looks like you all had a fantastic day. The weather was great for you guys and some top fish brought to the scales. Well done ben on first place :wink:

Dan

19. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Certainly was a great day - I was up late making exclusive cod repellent rigs and hardly slept through the night - when I woke the weather was beautiful, got half way to Filey and had to turn back as I forgot my waders :nerd: - once at the Brigg I knew it would be a great day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Launching the flag at "perch", the Northern Boundary

[​IMG]

Too early on Sunday morning for this :confused: :confused:

[​IMG]

Registration (someone forgot to tell Spawney, I blame old age :whistle: :whistle: :butt:)

[​IMG]

A few of the weigh in

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our leader with a fine fish

[​IMG]

Another lovely cod from Newyaker

[​IMG]

Jellyworm shows us his selection of leader knots :embarrass:

[​IMG]

Spawney finds something else to carry on his yak

[​IMG]

Glenn receives an unbreakable carbon paddle

[​IMG]

Well done to Dan the pollock, Spud, Basseyken and Ramrod

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And last but not least Ben for a fine cod

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for the comments lads, all the lads on the committee did a sterling job and were very impressed with the standard of seamanship shown by all, Adrian is even buying a kayak :hurt:

Thanks for all that entered and supported the match - please if anyone has any comments on how the competition can be improved feel free to say - looking forward now to the Scarborough match when I hope to actually catch a cod :nerd:

20. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

I enjoyed the day just as much as the lads fishing it and the fbas, the only thing i would add is some ( signs ), just so all the lads know where to park and register
    shArk