1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filey Kayak match Saturday 24th of July

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by newdave, Jul 7, 2010.

1. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

Just head for Filey and follow signs to the Country Park. Once you pull in, you'll see the caravan site on your left. Follow this until you see the reception/cafe on your left, then the check in will be on your right in about 50 yds.

2. newdave

newdave Guest

3. robq

robq Rockling

I know that the exact boundaries will need to be decided on the day due to the weather !!

However if we are blessed with great conditions :happy: what will be the northern boundary Dave ??

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

bit of a northerly forecast for Thurs/Fri. lets hope it drops enough by saturday!

5. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

It will be the Perch Rob, just north of Ben Stories

6. robq

robq Rockling

Cheers Iain, was under there yesterday :wink:

Was hoping it might be brewsters !!

Never mind it looks like plan B now anyway with this swell and colour that we will be getting :whatever:

7. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Brewsters is a load of Pollocks Rob anyway

Don't think it will colour up much

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Is there a 'pairs' pools this event ?

9. Kevex

Kevex Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re Directions. Thanks for that guys, Spot On, I'll see you on Saturday.

10. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Hope to camp over now but struggling to get hold of the Filey campsite, there was talk of camping at a field nearby does anyone know if that is still the case?

11. newdave

newdave Guest

no Sam, we have an arrangement with the campsite to sqeeze us in on the serviced area, you need to speak to the managerwhos name is Ian & tell him you are with the kayakers :yes:

12. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Cheers Dave, will keep trying the phone for Ian.

13. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Hope sea calms it sen down. Looking forward to a day on the boat

14. robq

robq Rockling

Keep trying Sam, I got through yesterday and they still had space then :yes:

15. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Cheers for that Rob, gives me hope :cheesy:

Will try again first thing in the morning.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend, should be a good laugh is nout else :yes:

16. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

winds not looking too bad at the moment, up to around 7mph S through the morning and earlier part of the afternoon, might get interesting if the forecast 16mph gusts come though
    ah well, heres hoing it behaves itself
    see you all there in the morning :yes: :yes: :yes:

17. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

Does anyone know what the clarity is like down there ATM?

18. Benq23

just wondering also if there is a limit of hooks as there was last year IE a two hook rig limit etc, as last year I had to modify a few hokkia rigs, no problem doing this again this year but could do with knowing if the same rules apply

19. newdave

newdave Guest

same rules Ben, I will get a copy on here later in the day, I have posted separately on the weather, any deterioration during the match will simply result in an early finish. Ziggy will be monitoring that from the steward boat.

20. Benq23

cheers dave, :kiss: