1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filey Kayak match Saturday 24th of July

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by newdave, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Kevex

Kevex Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi, Is this Kayak match open to anyone, I,m new on the scene and would'nt mind entering. I have a Big Game that has'nt been christened with a fish yet ! Cheers.

2. newdave

newdave Guest

the more the merrier mate, you must have basic safety gear. proper clothing & pfd :yes:

3. Kevex

Hi,Cheers for that. i have all the gear except Marine Radio, I,m trying to get sorted with that but wont be for a few weeks yet.

4. newdave

newdave Guest

not essential, there will be plenty of others & you will be within hailing distance of someone, mobile phone is handy & a whistle :yes:

5. Kevex

Great ! I'll see you on the day. Many Thanks.

6. greggc79

greggc79 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi, I'm also new to this site and was also looking at the fishing comp on the 24th, my friend has a two man hobie and we're really interested in joining the competion, we're from Hartlepool and have had about 5 trips out on his kayak, fishing about 1 mile off shore, had some ok fish. Does it cost anything to join the compition? and when you say you must have all the right gear, what does that consist off?? On rough days we wear floatation suits and sunny days usually shorts and a t-shirt but always with life jackets, he has a marine radio as well. Ive had a good look at some off the old compitions and they look really good!!

7. newdave

newdave Guest

OK Guys time running out so I have put the following together for next week, this will provide us with a competition that will work with minimum resources. I have decided that while the BBQ last year was good we dont have people who can provide this so the entry will be reduced to £15 which will cover the main prizes, I am still looking for pledges to extend the table & anyone who wants to contribute can pm me.

I am sure that the lads who are camping will pool there resources to organise the apr pesce party :yes:

there will also be a presentation of the 2009 Kayak fishing league prizes, by our web host Baramundi Bob.

heaviest fish £300 from entrance
    2 £150 from entrance
    3 £50 from entrance
    4 £25 FBAS
    5 Rovex tackle bag Kingfisher
    6 Spawney limited edition drougue Spawney
    7 bottle of Whisky Quint
    8 2 Bass Plugs Spawney
    9 £35 of Bass plugs yakking Sam
    10 mick webster sand anchors mick webster
    11 available to sponser
    12 available to sponser

heaviest fish on sand(in the bay) £50 Basseyken
    heaviest flattie £25 Ziggy & team Hangon

If you want to be involved on the day, have a good idea or want pledge a prize please pm me,

Organisation on day

Registration from 08:30 at top of slip behind toilets Pete Atkinson& helpers
    List of rules & boundries will be on display, numbered ticket for each entrant
    The rules will be as per Scarborough with prizes for heaviest fish, max one per angler

Steward boat kindly provided by Jason (Ziggy) & crewed by smoky will on water at 10:00 help may be required to launch

Shotgun start at 10:00 with all competitors to follow the Moleman who will set off like rocket for the Brigg end, only to be overtaken by Carpyken about crabhole as he runs out of steam :yes:.

Jason & smokie will monitor weather, call it off likely to go out of limits, or boundaries could be reduced to bay ?
    Results will stand after 1 hours fishing
    Fishing must stop at 16:00, weigh in by 18:00 at latest

more to come but, this should get us goig for now

Dave :kiss:

8. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Sounds fantastic Dave and we all must thank you for all the effort you have put in to keep this event running. You told me you loved the Filey match last year simply because you could just come along and fish as compared to the 2009 Scarborough match which you organised almost single handed.....Well I got news for you mate, ......get a grip :cheesy: , due to your fantastic skills your organising both events these days...and the less time you spend with hooks in the water gives the rest of us a better chance of being in the pools money :laugh: .

Put my ever suffering and totally neglected business down for a £50 prize - dare i say biggest flatty including thornies....well I really do think the far side of the Brigg is way over rated..... :laugh:

Ken

9. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Thank you for the info Dave, very much appreciated. Just to echo what Ken was saying, thanks very much for all the effort you have put in Dave to make sure this event stills goes ahead. Means a lot to all us yakkers :yes:

I can add £35 worth of Bass lures to the prize list if you like Dave?

10. mick webster

mick webster Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Iwill make a couple of snag-proof sand bag anchors.

11. LEE     howard

LEE howard Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hi lads me and a mate will be coming over on saturday morning, just want to no were the registration point on the slip behind toilets is . is this on the camp site .thanx

12. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

if its the same as last year its on the campsite behind the loos

13. LEE     howard

LEE howard Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thanx dan, ant bin to filey in years. hope to meet you there

14. captin birdseye

captin birdseye Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i'll be attending the filey kayak comp >> going to set sail about 4am and paddle from hartlepool to filey in our kayak>> :ugly: i'll be there all ship shape by 9am >>> going to bring the fineist tickling fingers in the north east and tickle them bass out the water >>> see you there fellow ship mates :hurt:

15. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I praying that the pressure chart looks like this on saturday

[​IMG]

16. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Does look as if that wind is starting to ease off a little. Would be nice to have a calm day, it's hard enough getting past brigg end without a snotty sea as well :scare:

17. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Unless there's an almighty cock up with the predictions on the scale of fish's hurricane, things look good for Saturday, time to sharpen your hooks

18. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Good luck lads and lasses ,( i take it mrs spawny will be playing) look forward to you report on the match, i will get the prayer mat out for you for kind weather :cool:

19. Kevex

Hi, Is there anyone who would give me some brief directions to the match, I shall be heading into Filey from Bridlington and Primrose Valley direction, I have an OS map if anyone as a grid referance or just a Postcode or street name would do . Cheers Matey's.

20. ducky

ducky maybe one day...