1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filey kayak match results

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by newdave, Jul 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. newdave

newdave Guest

Another successful kayak match completed
    A lovely day, although the wind freshened in the afternoon resulting in an early finish
    39 competitors & fish were much more scarce than last year, however 17 resourceful anglers managed to weigh in.
    [​IMG]
    once again the first prize headed north to the suburbs of smoggie land
    1 Martin Lamb Cod 5-4-8
    2 Ken Oliver Pollock 5-3-4
    3 Ian Pickering Cod 4-7-0
    4 Paul Hodgson Pollock 4-3-8
    5 Ben Horton Pollock 3-14-8
    6 Carl Kilbride Cod 3-13-8
    7 Robert Quinn Cod 3-10-14
    8 Sam Baxter Cod 3-10-6
    9 Geoff Elliot Cod 3-10-4
    10 Lawrence Taylor Pollock 3-9-6
    11 Simon Baxter Cod 3-1-0
    12 Mark Radcliff Cod 1-10-10

Heaviest fish from the bay Mick Webster Dab 1-2-4

heaviest Flatfish mark radcliff Dab 0-7-8

Drawn pairs C Kilbride / G Elliott 7-7-10

[​IMG]
    The winning fish for the silver fox
    [​IMG]
    Mick Webster & his winning Dab

A big well done for all who attended & made it a fun day, for some the fun is still continuing :yes:

2. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done to those who weighed in and to the winner. looks like yous had a good day

3. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Aye was another brilliant match, if a bit thin on the ground with regards to fish
    still really enjoyed it, filey's a lovely place.....apart from the mega climb up to the country park after yakking :scared:
    many thanks to dave and all others involved in the running of this match

4. langy

langy Rockling

Nice one Ken :D

Langy

5. kiwi

kiwi Another Rig Bites The Dust *sighhh

Alth0ugh me and my mate Skip were there today to support our buddy Big KevX we also had a few hours fishing (trying times) off the rocks.
    Truely a great day was had by all.

Congrats to the finest Cod (and cods) I've seen in a while.

Damn - That hill was ok going down - but upwards - kind of makes one hate gravity :)

6. newdave

newdave Guest

Forgot to say a big thank you for Jason & Martin & Willybendit & crew for keeping an eye on the event & Martin for his good call on ending early.its not always easy to make that call when you are involved in the match.

7. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Big thanks goes to Dave for sorting out another cracking match, also like to thank the guys running the safety boats. We feel a lot happier crossing the snotty brigg end when you guys are about :yes:

BIG well done to Matty, really am well pleased for him :yes: :yes: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Great to see everyone again and had a real good laugh.

My brother also managed to get on the prize table on his first ever kayak match (plus it's his birthday) so he is well pleased, good to see him pick up a prize :yes:

8. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

yes once again a big thanks to Dave without which this event wouldn't have gone ahead and I would be £300 less off!

and thanks to the lads on the safety boats.

Had a great laugh with Alain, Neil, Andy, Dan, Damo and Sam on friday night too. all in all another big success :yes:

9. raymo

raymo New Member

well done to matty and ken,another great comp,well ran......

10. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well done on a nother good match, well done :wink: to dave for another organising success,
    Matty ,you done it again, finding a nice kelpie

11. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

A great day, thanks to all involved in making a memorable day. Congrats to the winners, well deserved lads.
    A special thanks to Mick for his kind words and motivational skills, I will return the favour.

12. Davo

Davo Rockling

Well done Matty, and all of those who weighed in.

13. smokey

smokey Rockling

A few more pics of the day
    [​IMG]
    Jasons boat
    [​IMG]
    All lined up and ready to go
    [​IMG]
    Who will be first to the fishing grounds???
    [​IMG]
    Sam into a fish
    [​IMG]
    Robq and Jelly tethered up together
    [​IMG]
    Ken on the prowl for a pollock,sorry for the finger over the lense ken :laugh: :whistle:
    [​IMG]
    A lovely codling after a spirited fight
    Well it started out a lovely day with plenty of yaks heading out of the bay,ken was as usuall about twenty minutes in front of the field :whistle: :laugh:
    The day was a little slow on the angling front but unfortunately it's been very slow behind the brigg all summer,lets just hope the fish are slow in appearing and they turn up a little late.
    A little annoying the day ended a little early but with a freshening south easterly wind and ground swell,i think the right call was made to keep things safe for everybody :wink:
    A big well done to Matty on taking the honours :happy: and hard lines to ken just getting pipped :wink: :happy: tight lines and a big well done to everyone who made the effort to attend and stick it out

14. Kevex

Kevex Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

A fantastic day, I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait till the next one, Many thanks to Dave and the rest of the organisers hats off to you and well done to the winners, it was nice to see some decent fish for a change also to catch more than just the odd one myself, event though I gave em all another chance and put em back. and Hill what Hill Skip at front and Kiwi at rear Simples. See you all Again.. Cheers.

15. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Well done matty.
    I had a good day with alain. Apart from him out fishing me.8 at time what's that all about. Oh and a plastic yak was the fastest yak on the day, Mr Dan the pollock.
    Shame it ended early but these things happen, good old English summer.
    Tight lifes

16. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

welll done matty, it was a good fish on a very had days fishing. i really enjoyed the day cant wait until next year

17. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Well done lads , epsecially matty on first place :happy:

18. robin hood

robin hood New Member

Well done :happy: :happy: :happy:

19. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

It was a right laugh on friday, shame damo didnt think so when he got back to the tent lol :vomit:

20. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

Hey Dan, tell Damo not to worry about Friday night, it took it`s toll on everyone.
    I caught this little napper about 2.30 pm Saturday :laugh:
    [​IMG]
    The Mole catcher, catching the ZZZ`s