1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filey Brigg on Sunday

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Newfish, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Newfish

Newfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Anyone off fishing off the brig on sunday ?

Wanting to try some lure fishing for pollock using jellyworms and redgills and wondering if anyone else is down there in-case i need any advice !

Cheers !

2. Jmeddy

Jmeddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Brigg on sunday

Fished it other day mate , nothing on lures as yet . Had a few small codling on crab bait .

3. WillW

WillW Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fished it last week, nothing on lures for me then, I've no idea what the water clarity is like now?
    http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=30774.0

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

4. Cartman74

Cartman74 Guest

You're better off taking crab mate and going for the codling :yes:

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Water should clear soon, seems were in a sw flow now which helps, plus the tides are dropping into the weekend. Never be scarred to try, only takes half an hour to give a method a go.

I heard them big Devils Own Jellyworms have been deadly at the brigg so far this year, well worth buying a few packs I would say :

[​IMG]

the ones in this pic were bought back in May, but we like to share what were using to help others to do as well as us.

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

If you can get hold of some of the longer term members on here like Spawney Dave, Howard, CPS or smokey they will be able to give you the best advice you can get on the brigg, some of them have been fishing it all thier lives.

7. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

Only the odd small pollock has been caught on the brigg so far the bigger ones seem to be just out of casting range at the moment but every day is different at the moment.
    These off shore winds will do the power of good regarding fishing on the brigg the water should clear out in the next few days there has been the odd small mackerel been caught.
    There should be plenty of anglers down on the brigg this sunday to keep you company good luck.

8. Jmeddy

Fish with bait with the distance rods n while there out have a go with the lures/jellys on the spinning rod, that's wat I do any way , saves sat on ya arse . Then on the drive home thinking should I of given it a go on the spinning rod. Best of luck , I'll be back there next week hopefully...

9. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

fished it last sunday,tried jellys nowt and saw nowt come out on them either :no:
    but codling were coming out on bait i had one on black and mussel combo :yes:
    good luck mr

10. Cartman74

Cartman74 Guest

Yes Jas some NE lads had a good few cod last Saturday there on crab off brigg end, you'll be off to the secret beach soon won't ya for those smoothies :yes:

11. Newfish

Newfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks for the help, lots of support on this forum, ill be down on Sunday providing there's a bus that gets me back home !! Going to bait fish and lure fish, wanted to float but his winds shocking at the moment. Got some sprats but there shite as bait but there clogging my freezer up!! Would squid and mackerel be ok ? Only got 4oz tackle so would that be too light for the brig ? Cheers guys !

12. Jmeddy

Could do with a bit heavier lead to be honest but give it a go , u get a strong tidal flow down there . Fresh peelers would be the best choice this time of year but nout wrong with Mackey n squid , best of luck mate