1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filey Brigg Angling Society Summer Kayak Championship 2009

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by quint, Apr 4, 2009.

1. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Just like to confirm that, barring the biggest weather forecasting cock up since the "Micheal Fish Hurricaine", the match will be going ahead this Sunday 5th July :happy: it looks like the weather Gods have a soft spot for Yorkshire Coast kayak matches, giving a light SW/SE, also I can confirm that Total Sea Fishing will be doing a 2 page spread of the match - recent reports are very good fishing wise with some nice cod up to 14lb being landed, hope to see you all there, it should be a great day :cool:

2. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

really looking forward to this. thank god for yorkshire weather

3. quint

bump

4. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

dont forget the sun cream lads i got a burnt face today

5. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

good luck every one :happy:

6. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

thanks gadget. but i dont expect to do any good

7. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

not with that attitude duckster :butt:

youve got as much chance as anyone else

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Always remember that there is only 1 person with more than 2 years experience of this type of fishing. The rest all started since then, so your never that far behind anyone in terms of knowledge. I always feel this kind of event can come down to luck on the day. There will be a lot of us in a small area, most will have a similar knowledge of techniques, rigs and lures. One of us will get slightly luckier than the rest.

If you dont win then do what I do and just enjoy another great day on the water.

9. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

will there be any cafes open quite early for a fry up? or maybe kens caravan??? :whistle:

10. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

country park cafe opens at 8am Dan

11. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

:happy:

12. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

see you all there tomorrow. Should be a great day, and remember.. be careful out there!

13. quint

Don't forget lads it's a pay and display car park, sorry nothing we can do about it, think it's 5 or 6 quid for the day :scare:

14. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

ats the prize for blanking? :whistle:

15. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

W@nkers. Is this a Scarborough Council Run car park ?? They should be encouraging people into the area not frightening them off. Makes my blood boil how we all pay ott council tax and they still want to bleed you dry for parking.