1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filey Brigg Angling Society Summer Kayak Championship 2009

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by quint, Apr 4, 2009.

1. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

if it anything like me and my son lee on our malibu 2 xl .......i always end up paddling ..... :cheesy: :cheesy: the 2nd engine works ok on the way out but starts to splutter on the way back to shore :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

going to try to get to the match ourselves....

Paul

2. iwan.effendi

iwan.effendi New Member

Thanks alot

3. iwan.effendi

iwan.effendi New Member

minimum safety Re: Filey Brigg Angling Society Summer Kayak Championship 2009

Hi Quint,
    thanks for your reply to my previous question.
    I think I read somewhere in the forum that's the minimum safety requirement is
    clothing and PFD.
    Just want to confirm that it's OK for us (me and my son). I have a dry suit and PFD, and my son has a wet suit and PFD. Our kayak is a sit on top ocean kayak Malibu for two persons.

We join the local kayak club in Wigan, and several times train on the local lake with the club. We are the odd one though, because everybody else uses single sit in kayaks, while we use a tandem sit on top. But, hey, they are all nice to us... :yes:

4. newdave

newdave Guest

this is getting close now, any chance of firming up on the details, times & rules etc unless i have missed it.

5. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

That's fine Iwan, look forward to seeing you and your son there

6. quint

I am going to firm up details when I get back from Ireland Dave, there will also be a map of the Brigg coming soon with information on for all anglers taking part - as a start I can confirm the following

Registration will be near the sailing club slipway from 7.30am, we have not yet decided on the actual location but we will have a gazebo up so it will be easy to find

Fishing times are 9am till 3 pm, weigh in by 3.30

Heaviest fish match, ungutted - first prize £500

100% payout, cash prizes down to 5th, cash prize for heaviest flatfish (turbot, plaice, dab, flounder)

Boundaries will be confirmed later, but in short around the brigg and Filey bay

The general rules will be the same, or very similar to that of the Scarborough comp, but just to confirm two rod set ups allowed at any one time, but only one rod to be used at any one time

To help with numbers and a speedy registration I will set up a pre registration thread

7. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Will it be 1 prize per entry or can you take more prizes if you catch the fish ?

8. quint

To give all a reasonable chance of making the table, it will be one prize per entry

9. newdave

newdave Guest

never mind the prizes, what time does the barbie start :laugh: Is Kens caravan the beer tent ?

10. carpyken

carpyken New Member

NO

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

11. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

12. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

should be a good day, may have to drag my tent out and recon for a day or two beforehand
    not fished a sea match before of any description so it should be an interesting experiance

13. webbo

webbo New Member

we are well up for this as we enjoyed the match at scarboro last yr

14. smokey

smokey Rockling

Just watched the BBC forcast and it's looking very good weather wise,still time for it to change though :happy: :whistle: tight lines

15. quint

Hopefully some good news, we are 90% sure Sea Angler will be covering the event :cool:

16. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

thats great iain. but there all ugly bugg**s so i better get there :laugh:

17. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

does any one know what the water clarity is like down there atm?

18. smokey

smokey Rockling

It was reasonable yesterday while at the pots,a lot better than Monday.It's still nowhere near gin clear but if the winds stay right it won't take long... tight lines

19. fudge

fudge New Member

hi, is there any start and finish times for this event, thanks

20. quint

Start time is 9am, which means no yaks allowed on water till 9am, no set finishing time but you have to be at the weigh in no later than 3.30pm