1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filey Brigg Angling Society Summer Kayak Championship 2009

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by quint, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Dav

Dav Rockling

What safety gear is vital to enter the match iain ? i have alot of it except radio n flares at the moment . may well have them before the date tho.....altho i may need to borrow a wheel barrow to get me yak down the slipway .... :cheesy:. unless sum1 will carry it on there shoulders..... :whistle:

2. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Clothing for immersion and a suitable PFD as minimum Dav

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done Iain and thanks to Smokey especially, for donating his prize Pollocks (yes I did spell it right ) :cheesy:

4. newdave

newdave Guest

I suspect you will have got sorted by then but, can always drop the gear off on the coble landing first :wink:

The VHF is the one piece of equipment you should really put as a priority Dav, cheaper than most of your fishing gear & a really reassuring piece of kit :yes:

5. Dav

Dav Rockling

Good thinking about the get down ......The radio thing is number one priority for me your ded right dave......Cheers

6. smokey

smokey Rockling

Tow outs via fast rib available at 50 groats per yak :whistle: :happy: tight lines

7. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

It,s far too cheap, it must be said :whistle:

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Tra la la la la la le

:cheesy:

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

The match now has a designated page on the site. Please book mark this page for future updates. Obviously Iain will keep you informed via the forum but this page will act as a good reference too and I will endeavour to keep it updated as Iain supplies us with more information

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/north-east-fishing-news/filey-brigg-kayak-fishing-competition

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/north-east-fishing-news/category/kayak-fishing

10. quint

Cheers Glenn :happy:

11. langy

langy Rockling

Come on Quint reel us in with the information about the commitee meeting haha :D

12. quint

I can now confirm the following:

The entrance fee for this match will be £20 which includes refreshments after the match

The first prize will be £500, thereafter there will be substantial cash prizes, as all entrance money will be used as payout

There will also be prizes, as yet these are to be finalized, however so far we have the following

A Kayak UK Alutech flat paddle, kindly donated by forum member Spud, valued at £160

A £50 tackle voucher kindly donated by Bill Costin

A kayak fishing rod, kindly donated by GB Angling, valued at £20

A prize to be arranged kindly donated by forum member Newyaker

2 x Family Ticket for Flamingo Land Zoo and Family Funpark, kindly donated by Flamingoland, valued at £82 each

This is a heaviest single fish match so everyone has a realistic chance of winning, or at least picking up a decent prize, for those who wish to stay inside the sheltered bay there will be a separate prize for heaviest flatfish (plaice, dab, flounder, lemon sole, turbot)

13. smokey

smokey Rockling

Gutted i couldn't make it last night to give you some help :wink: Keep up the good work mate,if there is anything that needs sorting,let me know,our lass said she would help you out :wink: :happy: tight lines

14. quint

Another prize of £50 kindly donated by HTR Power Products (Basseyken)

15. cleeclive

cleeclive Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great news guys, I will be there with our Mark all being well. I have booked a weekend free from gardening.
    I make fancy Knot board pictures as a bit of a hobby so will donate one as a prize for you.

Cheers Cleeclive

16. cps

cps Rockling

not to rowdey i hope , i can see the tent area from where i'm sat in my office at home, dont want to have to walk up there and have to stay with you and drink all your bear so you dont get drunk and arnt fit to go to sea the next day

17. iwan.effendi

iwan.effendi New Member

Hi there,
    I have only one fishing rod but I want to paddle with my son (14 years old) using our tandem kayak
    Can he come for free?
    thanks

18. quint

Can't see a problem with that at all iwan, if you want your son to fish he would be more than welcome to loan one of my rods, just let me know

19. smokey

smokey Rockling

20. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

Posted on: Today at 06:06:18 PMPosted by: iwan
    Insert Quote
    Hi there,
    I have only one fishing rod but I want to paddle with my son (14 years old) using our tandem kayak
    Can he come for free?
    thanks

sounds like a good idea to have two engines iwan :cheesy: