1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FIFTY Cod Challenge 2013

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mad mick, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Re: FIFTY Cod Challenge 2013 - Starts 1st October

Well I headed to marine drive for high water yesterday and fished over coffee pot. First cast a codling woohoo here we go second cast a missed bite then nowt. After Sundays Scarborough match it seems to me your better off in daylight

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So I headed off to a very secret place that fishes in southerly winds. All I can say is it's south of long hole but north of boggle hole. Anyway when I got down there was already several club anglers at it and I saw a few codling which was encouraging. Anyway my first cast resulted in nowt and the club lads where on the move under my line so I reeled in and headed left I stayed well clear of them and banged one out the wind was hurrendous and I thought with my distance I will be further out but still dropping in the right spot. It paid off and I got my first RHB codling of the season..... Ooops. Well the water ebbed fast and wind and heavy heavy rain came just as fast it was double hurrendous Everybody buggered of to sewer hole and I was left with Whitby club member Phil ... I'm cack with names and he used me as a wind rain break which I invited him to of and we had a bit of banter about the Whitby club and stuff. Anyway he buggered off and it came to ten o'clock then something magic happened. The club lights where heading off back up the path and the wind dropped and the torrential rain stopped and I felt I bite and had four codling one after the other very quick. Then just on low water I got the bite I was waiting for all night an bam I was obviously caught on a rock underwater much closer in than where the fish had took cos when I reeled down and my rod tip slammed over again I struck and my line was solid. Not much of a tweak after that my line gave miles up the cast length and it was a brand new fill of the best line. This pissed me right off do sacked it off and came home.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 magic crystals shine bright with this one Jedi

Dec 31

Run 156

2. Lobbers

Had a couple of hours on west yesterday and managed this little fella
    [​IMG]

Dec 32
    Run 157

I'm on the west now for another go. Hopefully get a few more fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 magic crystals shine bright with this one Jedi

3. Boro5707

Boro5707 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Am out tonight and tomorrow night, need 8 more to get 50!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Good stuff Mr Lobstik, keep em coming!!!! I'm still on 32, just not managed enough trips this year, if that SE appears Monday i'm hoping to get out and knock a few more off

5. Lobbers

Just the one off west yesterday. Whiting being a pest
    Dec 33
    Run 158
    [​IMG]

6. hilsey

hilsey Blenny

Oct total 22
    Nov total 7
    Dec total 3
    Total 32
    Had a few hours around cloughton in daylight today. Had one mop start of flood

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

1 more tonight .

Total 28.

paul.

8. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Well had the afternoon to my self yesterday so had a few hours looking for new marks to fish and also managed to catch another 1 which gives me a grand total of 11.

Fished a new mark at Whitburn over low water then moved to river Tyne for the flood where I caught the 1 tiny mop. After high water I headed of to have look at some cliff marks to fishing into Frenchman's bay only managed a few cast before this bloody wind arrived.

Anyway think that will be my total for the challenge well done to all who have had ago and respect to all of you who got the fifty.

Tightlines Chris

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

10. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

What a year 2013 was!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!