1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FIFTY Cod Challenge 2013

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mad mick, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: FIFTY Cod Challenge 2013 - Starts 1st October

Halfway there steve, well done bud

2. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Two codling off the gare last night

Hsf. 2 3/4lb

Running total. 82

October. 82

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 magic crystals shine bright with this one Jedi

3. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

a short session to nite with jape and matty i left them still stood on the scars !! 3 cod to nite biggest 4lb jape had 1 and matty lost one when a left hope the clicked a few more

Hsf. 4lb

Running total. 35

October. 35

4. Lobbers

Nice one si a bit windy again. Where you east of Berlin ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 magic crystals shine bright with this one Jedi

5. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

No flies on you Paul!!!lol Blanked there last nite!! So was chuffed with 1 let alone 3 !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

6. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

no nowt for me tonight. snagged up and lost gear on every cast and lost 2 fish to snags. just 2 months left to get the 10 I need

7. Lobbers

I was gonna put a threat up earlier tonight called first of the 1st because I had my first codling just before midnight but when I tapped onto the forum my rod started so I was going to call it second of the first then I got my phone out and yep it was after midnight and had three on the deck so thought sod it I'm not putting a thread on called second of the 1st but third on the 2nd. I hope your still with me. Anyway I just took a pic of the finnished product and went home at high water cos I was bloody freezing because I was in October mode and only had a pair of tracky bottoms and a hoodie on thinking it was just gonna be one of those lovely warm October nights we have been enjoying. Note to self it's bloody November get my long johns out of the drawer. There wasn't the expected glut of goths that normally walk up the pier on goth night just one pissed up indevidual who walked on doing his best impression of the dandy highwayman, nearly pmsl when I shone my Cree up his but as he waddled of the pier looking like Daffy Duck in drag. I can honestly say I was lervly and warm when I was on fish but that was the coldest night yet.
    Anyway I finished up with eight codling to 3lb. No better specimens tonight. A couple of friends of mine the family bunn had one apiece and there was a forum member to my left and sorry but can't remember what he said his name was but he did say his buddy was a regular poster from brid. They were on the soft side and had billet whiting and a nice dab but no codling which I was surprised at because the last time I was on there the lads to the left all had codling.

So not a bad start to month two November

[​IMG]

Fish tonight. 8

Hsf. 3lb

October. 82

November. 8

Running total 90

8. Mladds

Mladds Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done again, I was going to come myself wish I had now, would have cast over the top of you lol. Will catch up with you soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice 1 Lobbers, crack on now, 200 your target...............

10. Lobbers

Three more in clubmatch tonight

[​IMG]

October 82

November 11

Running total. 93

11. Boro5707

Boro5707 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking fish. I need to get my arse out fishing again and add to my total. Only fished once in the last 2 weeks. Fished beadnell on Friday for 5 hours for 2 undersized codling. Even reverted to 2 rods, wasting frozen peeler, fresh blacks, mussel, and snake whites. Looked perfect, but was not to be. Think I need a trip or two away from geordieland and between saltburn and whitby. Boulby or hummer sea are calling me very soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

12. shammy

shammy New Member

10 for me tonight biggest 7lb 4oz
    Oct total 23
    Nov total 10
    Total 33
    [​IMG]

Sent from my C5303 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

13. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Well done shammy you are on fire at the moment.

After 2 blanks Ina row I at least managed something tonight. Fishing Runswick left I knew it needed a bit more sea but I stuck it out, managing 3 of which I returned 1. Biggest 3lb 12 oz. also lost 3 or 4 to snags

[​IMG]

14. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Forgot to add:

Fish caught tonight: 3
    Biggest fish tonight: 3lb 12 oz
    October total: 40
    November total: 3
    Overall total: 43

15. bow1

bow1 Rockling

when did u get those matty,on the flood??? and from how far along.
    itoo was at runny.Started on beach but weed monsters came at me good,lost loadsa gear!!!

move to left,neraest shor as was a few on and left at low with nowt again,so muc h for loadsa mops,i cant get any!!

was it you walked past me with with a blue carrier looked like it had fish in?

pleased you getting a few AS IM REALLY STRUGGLING AND NOW LACKING MOTIVATION!!

doesn't help when your mates are over otherbside country and your motivating yourself!!!!

16. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

a few hours t day west ov berlin!! with jape in daylight i had 1 mop and jape had 5 biggest 5lb 6oz plenty ov good bites just couldnt connect

my total
    Fish caught today: 1
    Biggest fish tonight: 1 1/2lb
    October total: 35
    November total: 1
    Overall total: 36

japes total
    Fish caught today: 5
    Biggest fish tonight: 5lb 6oz
    October total: 75
    November total: 7
    Overall total: 82

17. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I was on the rocks on the left Sean. got all 3 on the ebb but fished an hour of the flood and the fish were there but i lost every one to the rocks. keep at it mate i'm sure it will come together

18. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Aint been for while but had a few hours on the west peir this afternoon and managed 5 mops nothing bigger than 3lb still a pleasure me and rich cope were on our own rich got 2 mops my total 15 in 4 outings .

paul.

19. Lobbers

Cowbar tonight. Four off the tops and three off the gulley.

[​IMG]

Tonight 7
    Hsf. 3lb
    October 82
    November 18
    Running total 100

20. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Almost there...

Had a session with jape tonight while poor old bowesy was on nights. Managed 6 size mops and 2 monster rockling. Stayed longer than I should trying to catch number 50 but it wasn't to be.

Tonight : 6
    Heaviest fish tonight: 2lb

October total 40
    November total : 9

Total 49