1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fewe shooting pictures

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by go go gadget, May 7, 2010.

1. raztus

raztus New Member

well smokey - at least your reply made my lass sat at side of me laugh,
    anyway its my last post for the evening ime off lamping for a couple of hours , tight lines,
    raz

2. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Nice one Dan thanks for sharing mate and that is a big grey indeed.
    As for some of the numbers and distances quoted earlier in the thread I myself have killed rabbits at 70yds with my theoben scirrocco so absolutely no doubt that a standard air rifle can kill at them ranges and have also seen my friend shoot 150+ rabbits with a .22 rimfire rifle from the back of a landrover using a lamp at night so totally beleive those figures also.
    I wasnt allowed to have a go with the rifle because I wasnt a F.A.C holder at the time :wink: and my friend was a serving police officer who is now seconded to the armed response unit but I will say the gun in question (BSA Wintersporter bolt action with 18 bullets in the tube) was suprisingly light and had very little kick :wink: he said :butt: :wink:

3. langy

langy Rockling

Didn't it make you laugh ? :nerd: :clown: corse it would take out a rabbit at that range if it hit its head :nerd: if you don't know it keep your mouth shut :crazy:

4. raztus

raztus New Member

i was joining in a thread that ime passionate about i thought someone might come back with more interesting reading - not keep your mouth shut, you little brat
    i will buy the lettering today (RAZTUS) for my pt13 then when we meet out runswick you will know who i am !!
    anyway i forgot to mention to gaget looks like you had a good day out, its a long time since i got the air guns out, but my lads growing up so will be going back to it in near future, for me at the moment its mainly fox control (pheasant polts due in june) and deer managemant on local estate although i must point out not the fallow deer at the moment,its a shame you dont live near us in derbyshire weve thousands of acres and nobody bothers with the squirrels.

5. Dav

Dav Rockling

I have a weihrauch hw100 for rat patrol , the fken rats are that hard round here they do a few summies after being hit then do a linford fken christie....One of them was a young un which i hit in the back of the head , it paused for a second which enabled me to put another one up its arse....That little t wat also fked off .......Why do you think this is ...Do i need to get ear or head shots to stop em dead ? Cheers

6. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

What pellets you using dav, If you can get hollow points or flat heads they will stop them better than points or domes :happy:

7. Dav

Dav Rockling

Alright Dan , i was just using round heads mate , think them hollow points would stop em in there tracks and do you think after i shot them with round heads they would eventually die anyway ? or could they survive , we havent seen em since like....

8. foo

Might wanna try a .177 for rats dav they seem to have a better punch rather than penetration.The rats you shot will all die its nerves that make them run, bit like a chicken with its neck pulled.

Sounds like you know what you are talking about to me raztus but I will also stand by my earlier comments about numbers and distances. Of course this was also a while ago when my eyesight was better lol.

9. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

they will die eventually like dav. Never had much sucess with the air rifle for rats myself, been shooting a rookery for teh past 3 days trying to thin out the young crows before they fly off. Had 25 up to now.

10. Dav

Dav Rockling

cheers foo and dan ...
    Dan why havent you had much luck with them dirty rats ?

11. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Dont have the patience to sit and wait for them dav. We have a few rats down out allotment but i just trap them

12. foo

Drop some rotting fruit outside the rat runs Dan, the riper the better they love it and will come to it in minutes then shoot them at your leisure.Try it mate you will be suprised how well it works.

13. rizla

rizla Blenny

14. smokey

smokey Rockling

Haha,nice to see you took it in good spirits raztuz :wink: :happy:

I stand by what i said about dropping bunnies at 80 yards :happy:
    I had permission to shoot a big local garden center a few years back and there was plenty of rabbits.The trouble was they were very wary little feckers who ran if you got inside of 50 yards of them,so must were distance shots,i only ever took clear shots at the head,if the full head wasn't showing in the scope,i wouldn't take it :no:
    Using the correct slugs with a quality air rifle (the HW85 was spot on) a kill at 80 yards is almost guarenteed SO LONG AS IT IS A CLEAN HEAD SHOT :wink: :happy:
    Hit one at 80 yards in the head with the right gun and the bunnie will fly about 18 inches straight up in the air and by the time it hits the ground,it's finished :wink: :happy:
    I also had a shotgun certificate about 10 years ago but gave it up a while ago :happy: tight lines

15. raztus

raztus New Member

yep me always in high spirits smokey,especially when theres anything to do with shooting kicking off, the bulk of my spare time is taken up with kayaking - or shooting back home in Derbyshire.
    I know what ime capeable of when i go out with my Friends & my dogs with whatever gun i take out of cabinet.
    so ime not going to get dragged into what others are capeable of when out shooting - i will leave it at that - tight lines, all the best - razz.

note for go gadget - at Weston park gamefare last year 4 of us sampled a flash fried tree rat cob on the BASC stand & it was sort of OK, a couple of weeks later on the bird table - - - - - - - - - we fried it we tried it - - - - - awful !!!

16. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

A 80yds shot rabit with a .22 rimmy is a good shot, but with a 12ftlbs air rifle im sorry but i think your distance is out mart,
    unless it was a fluke shot and you gave it some.........alot of hold over

17. smokey

smokey Rockling

Get me half a dozen stoggies mark :happy:

18. mick webster

mick webster Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

One of my permissions has a CL caravan site 70 yards long and i drop rabbits with head shots full length of it with an Air Arms S410 x 35 ft lb, but i wouldnt' dream of shooting at any animal at that range with a 12 ft lb gun. I have a Berno rimfire and i have the scope set at 60 yds, i only aim for head shots, if i think im' going to miss i leave it!

19. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

20. foo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_Long_Rifle

Gives a good insight into the stopping power of a very underated weapon and suggestions of its lethal ability upwards of 400yds.
    Not that I am suggesting anyone capable of shooting rabbits at such extreme ranges of course. Very interesting reading none the less for anyone that may be interested.