1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fewe shooting pictures

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by go go gadget, May 7, 2010.

1. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Just Putting these up incase anyone shoots on here.

Just a couple pics of this year so far

[​IMG]

Big grey, Only had 2 or 3 this year up to now, but the young ones will soon be out of the dreys so shoould get some thinned out then

[​IMG]

And a couple of woodies from yesterday afternoon, now residing in the freeezer

2. smokey

smokey Rockling

Nice one Dan,used to have a Weirach? HW85 i think it was a carbine.A very accurate and powerfull gun,a little on the heavy side for long days in fields but dropped bunnies stone dead from 80 yards plus :surprise: PS: Get them stoggies eaten,the most under rated game in the country i reckon but don't eat too many cause they go through you like a dose :scare: :ugly: tight lines

3. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Aye, renowned for been heavy wierauchs like mart. Good guns though.

The stoggies wont go to waste mate :wink: i love eatin them . Not too keen on squizzers like

4. IanB

IanB Blenny

Gather a few more "bits" up and make yourself a game pie Dan, I used to love rifle shooting (.22 rimfire though not air rifle) My best was 5,500 rabbits in one summer/autumn, and my best in one session was 256 in 2 and 3/4 hours, I actually shot more but had a few runners (256 picked up).
    Still have a rifle and shotguns but never use them nowadays (past it lol)
    Enjoy it while you can Dan!

Cheers Ian

5. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice shooting go go gadget. were abouts do you go shooting? iv got rights at saltburn with my air rifle iv got a falcon fn12 but not been out this year yet as i explained in a previous post about some 1 calling the police about some 1 been out shooting on the land and the police complained to tim the land owner so he told me to leave it a while let the police forget about it need to get out soon though. iv applied for my shotgun cert a few weeks ago so should have that soon

6. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hey up dipstick (BOOMSTICK) whats with shooting tree rats its the politicians that need shooting and Ian B thats some shooting hell fire was there out left me and my lad have a air arms 2000 i think it is dead eye dick mick websters the man for guns

7. IanB

IanB Blenny

Always loads left Alain, I live in rabbit heaven mate,
    they are a bloody pest lol, I could shoot them from my door! and it does'nt matter wether its the front or back its BLOODY RABBITS! :surprise: :yes: :yes:

8. BOOMSTICK

well if you need a hand shooting them ian just let me know i will happily give you a hand :wink:

9. IanB

IanB Blenny

I'm too knackered now BOOMSTICK, I just leave it to my nephew and his pal's

10. BOOMSTICK

ok ian not a problem

11. raztus

raztus New Member

theres some Guinness records & daft rabbitts on this thread - Hw 85 & 80 yards plus , a rabbit every minute ---- wow no wonder you dont shoot any more, carrying that lot back to motor must have put you off for life

12. woggum

woggum [IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/Paulin

256 RABBITS IN 165 MINS SOME GUY YOU MUST BE AND SOME SILENCER ON GUN WERE YOU SHOOTING WATERSHIP DOWN :canadian: :canadian: :canadian:

13. IanB

IanB Blenny

We used to get an average of 80-100 a night if i was only taking "head shots" but on that night it was a "rabbit clearance" job, meaning as long as they are dead it does'nt matter (ie heart or head) as we just had to clear them, my old pal used to drive and I shot, on that night he had to load magazines for me at times and no it was'nt watership down - there would'nt have been enough rabbits :surprise: and obviousley i'm not going to say where on an open forum!

14. raztus

raztus New Member

crikey moses your a rabbits worse nightmare.
    your nickname should be - mixie
    was your driver called alonzo.

15. IanB

IanB Blenny

Its like anything, the more you do it he better you get (practice makes perfect) I could take an eye out of a partridge at 40 yds and head shot a rabbit at 70-80 yds.
    It does'nt matter what you do, if you practice enough you will end up very good at it (IMHO).
    whatever you do in life give it your best shot! That's my motto anyway, good luck!

Ian

16. raztus

raztus New Member

mmmmmmm. that's interesting - so what did you use to take out the partridges eye

17. IanB

IanB Blenny

The same rifle, Anshutz .22 with Winchester Subsonic bullets (I always used winchester subs- simply the best IMO )Telescopics and a sound moderator (silencer).
    If your'e into shooting dont buy cheaper bullets - they are not as accurate.

18. smokey

smokey Rockling

Have a go with a HW85 with Crosman hollow points in it,and like i said,it will drop a bunnie stone dead at 80yrds +... :wink: :happy:

The hollow points were awesome for rabbits,they split and fragment on impact with bone :kiss: :kiss: tight lines

19. raztus

raztus New Member

i think you are getting your yards mixed up with feet theres not an air rifle on the market at 12 foot pound , that will drop a bunny at 80 yards plus, even f.a.c. is pushing it a bit.

20. smokey

smokey Rockling

Whatevvvvvvvvvvvaaaaaaaaaaaaa :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: