1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Few Bass Still Around

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by brian carragher, Jan 7, 2018.

1. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Took the dog for a walk on the beach and came across this yesterday

copy2.jpg

A great black back gull with a fresh bass stuck down its throat

copy1.jpg

Looks like the spikey dorsals and gill plate covers have got stuck in its throat and I'm guessing its drowned

Both havent been dead long so even with all those heavy seas and cold water they cant have all moved offshore, still a few for the beach angler to aim for

• Like Like x 1
  2. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

Get on them there scaurs Brian!! lol Happy New Year mate. Tight Lines in 2018

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. brian carragher

Hi John, hope youre keeping well, looking forward to a better year fishing wise, last year was awful for me, only managed one trip out in my boat and that was very early on before any fish arrived, too much work and not enough playtime

Need to change that this year

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

You said that last year LOL

5. brian carragher

I really do need to give my head a shake, cant seem to get it right no matter how I try

6. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Didn't get out much meself last year Bri, hopefully the weather will syncronise itself with my time off this year.

7. Redneck Dek

Redneck Dek Blenny

Never caught a bass!caught a few gulls mind.

8. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

one for you bri,

soon be summer, tubs says hes looking forward to it now hes retired:rolleyes:

see you about.

9. brian carragher

Wont be long Bry, boat will be getting wet enough with a bit of luck, Tubs wont retire he'll just work a 4 day week instead, it'll feel like retirement to him though, 2 extra days off every week