1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ferryhill AC, Bellingham Beat

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by Davo, Sep 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Davo

Davo Rockling

I know its a trek, but as anyone got any info regarding the Ferryhill AC Bellingham beat?

2. bucko

bucko New Member

Are you considering joining up next year Dave?
    Been toying with the idea myself.

3. Davo

Davo Rockling

Thinking about it Ian. I was up Bellingham a few years back, but it wasnt my type of water, (almost canalised), but i'm not sure where exactly, and what Ferryhills stretch is like. The stretch i looked at run through Bellingham itself.

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

I think riverdale hall have some nice fishing up there davo , some brutes run thatriver wouldnt m mind a sample of it me self . Thinking about joining northumbria federation water seeing as tho i have a tyne and wear postcode .... . :cheesy:

5. Davo

Davo Rockling

:laugh:Nice one Dav
    I was in NAF back in 94 when it was their centenary year, or something like that. I enjoyed the Till, but the run up there became a pain, and my mate didnt help who didnt like to take his turn driving. In fact the nugget didnt like going north of Boro.

You should be able to join if you live in Stockton, after all, it is in Co Durham. It'll save you moving to Tyne and Wear :laugh:. No Parmos up there mate :cheesy:

6. Dav

Dav Rockling

:laugh: :laugh:. Think the postcode is NE summat HAHAHA i just hope they let me .
    speaking to a couple of lads last night on the wear who are in it , they were telling me the federation just about has all the fishing on the coquet and some cracking fishing on the tyne , he showed me a few photos on his phones of a 35lber and a 30lber plus loads of other beasts on fly . wouldnt mind a look for 100 quid a year , altho like you say it is abit far but for the cost t it would be worth while even if conditions were only goood every 2 weeks or even 3 , apparantly you dont have to fish it like a spate river either .Im not gona hold me breath on it tho , Ive already sent me cards off to chesterle street club for next year , jhust hope i get in as there is apparantly a big waiting list , maybe look into bishop auyckland club too , wouldnt mind having the right to fish up at egglestone now and again ...
    When you think about it there is a load of clubs with good fishing on all the game rivers its jsyt trying to find them all ....wouldnt mind a big map of the rivers and names of which clubs run which sections lol.....Now that would be nice

7. Davo

Davo Rockling

I was in Bishops for 12 years Dav, and the Egglston beat is nothing but marvelous. The problem is, is that the club are always threatening to give the beat up because of rising costs and the fact there are a certain number of anglers who fish it. Most chase the Wear seatrout. They usually, just take a years lease and see how it goes, so you are awlays in limbo, so to speak. Another reason why i stopped fishing there, was the nigh on 100 mile round trip, which got too expensive chasing water by myself without car sharing, as my mate turned to carp fishing :laugh:

8. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i fished the riverdale hall ,bellingham sections & to be honest i wasnt impressed . a few coloured fish & not really exciting water usually flogged by non stop guests , some really excellent fishing is by booking in with the mid nithdale anglers on the nith ,back end its stuffed with fish ,well reccomended had salmon up to 19lbs there on the fly cheers

9. bulltrout

bulltrout Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi davo i was in ferryhill for a couple of seasons mate , the water at bellingham is not bad especially at the backend but you will be sharing it with the locals so gets quite busy october time best part is down at bottom of beat when fish are running theres loads of resting areas where you will take fish, if your after some more access to water around bellingham then felling fly fishers have 5 miles mate and some of it excellent fishing but is more expensive they also have water on the rede , till , coquet, liddle ,garry , wear and tees , i was in this club for a while and loved the water and did ok on it

10. Davo

Davo Rockling

Thanks for that Steve. I was actually in Felling but the cost of the club plus travel costs got on top me to be honest, but thanks anyway.

11. Dav

Dav Rockling

How much was it to join felling like dave ?
    like you say alot of there water is quite far away , altho Its says it has some fishing on the tees 7 miles west scotch corner with a possibilty of salmon or seatrout , , I wonder why its says possibility you would think it would be ideal salmon water in that area .? does that sentence sum up tees salmon fishing below eggleston area ?

12. Dav

Dav Rockling

I do know im gona enjoy a go with the double hander below broken scar when i get sorted ...cheers

13. bulltrout

bulltrout Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

part of the reason i dropped out of felling was the treckin about its a long way up to bellingham and the price of petrol dosent help I think value for money is bishops i havent been in for last 2 seasons due to workin away but will be hopefully back in the game next season. i love the tees at eggleston fantastic river and scenery and like the wear aswell even tho it gets busy in some spots , dave have you had a look at stockton anglers what do you think of their water on the tees at winston an gainford area

14. Davo

Davo Rockling

No Dav, just get the grips of certain beats and learn the water as much as you can. Barney Castle AC have even better holding areas for salmon than the Eggleston beat. Darlo Anglers look like they have a cracking beat at High Conniscliffe, although i havnt give it a go for migratories yet. Other lads fish it though. Its set up for the fly and double hander.

When i joined Felling it was about £26 per month paying by direct debit.

15. Davo

Davo Rockling

Steve, i'm in Stockton B and on the waiting list for the A section. I've looked at their water at Gainford and have seen salmon caught on both occasions i;ve been there. Both caught on the fly mate. Like you, i got a bit fed up of the costs involved, but i may rejoin one of the Wear clubs next year, unless something jammy comes up on the Esk.

16. Sadung

Sadung Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Are you in the a section yet I've joined b today keen to try pike chub barbel as well as trout