1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fed up with this blowing wind

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Rapin, May 18, 2011.

  1. Rapin

    Rapin New Member

    When is this blowing wind going to stop? MSW shows very strong wind lasts right into next week. Got a boat booked for next Tuesday but looks like it's a non-goer. :no: :no: :no:

    Anybody got a boat cancelled so far?
  2. Baramundi Bob

    Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

    Just think how the skippers feel. Each cancelled day is roughly £500 down the pan.

    THE DOLPHIN Rockling

    I keep thinking the same thing it is a right pain. Your Skipper will not put your safety at risk but if they think it is doable then I would think they would go.

    Its sod law if you organise a specific day to take a couple of lads out it blows a gale and I no there is nowt worse than having to tell the lads we cannot go.

    Last years forum boat trip was canceled twice and on the third time we got out but it was still a lumpy day. But we all got fish under hard conditions fingers and toes crossed for this years trip.
  4. Benq23

    Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

    I know the feeling... seems like this wind has been blowing non stop for the past month, every day off spoilt by it. I despair of getting afloat on the yaks before the cod clear off and we are onto pollack and bass
  5. speno

    speno Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

    Yes this wind is a right pain looks like another weekend with no kayaking its really starting to do my head in :angry:
  6. andyman

    andyman Doh! Come back, stupid fish

    Tomorrow (Thursday) looks like being the only day possible for a kayak launch until Tuesday at the very least. According to the BBC weather forecast, it's wind force 8 and WSW at Teesmouth, although it will increase to 11 by 19:00.
    With a high tide of 5.5 m just after 16:00, it might be worth a try. I'm considering it myself but of I do decide to make the trip, I'm only going to launch if I feel confident about it when I get there. It'll probably be South Gare, if anyone else is interested. :suspious:
  7. Shadrap

    Shadrap Rockling

    Think you mean 8 mph and 11 mph bud :embarrass: ,don't think anyone would want to be out there in a force 8 increasing to 11.

    Google Beaufort Scale :wink: :wink:
  8. andyman

    andyman Doh! Come back, stupid fish

    Cheers, Shadrap. Yeah, I did mean mph. It might as well be Force 8 apart from tomorrow though, because it's just too windy for the kayak. :embarrass:
  9. Rapin

    Rapin New Member

    Yes Glen, I wonder how the skippers make a living. Truely hope they all make decent money this summer.
  10. Rapin

    Rapin New Member

    And she still keeps blowing! Glen, do you know any chartered boats that managed to get out at all?
  11. jethro

    jethro New Member

    We were booked with Rich tomorrow but weve had to cancel due to the wind. As you say Rapin Youve gotta feel sorry for the skippers as it is their livelihood.
    That in mind lets hope that the summer months are fine and they all get bumper bookings.

  12. Rapin

    Rapin New Member

    Unbelievable! Thinking of going fishing next Sunday as the wind calming down a bit BUT it is now forecasted strong Northerly! Fed up fed up.
  13. andyman

    andyman Doh! Come back, stupid fish

    Thursday and Friday don't look too bad at the moment for a kayak launch, but it's too early to make any plans.
  14. shammy67

    shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

    out yesterday with buzz and stonefish under bempton.bit of a breeze at first but was like a millpond 3pm onwards.small tide though so not much doing
  15. Rapin

    Rapin New Member

    I've got a booking on Sun 19th Festival, I really hope the weather will be kind to us, and of course to skippers. How much money now have they lost in the last month awful weather, thousands of pounds?

Share This Page