1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Reel For Rock Fishing - Poll

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by smokey, Feb 22, 2007.

Tags:
?

What Is Your Favourite Reel For Rock Fishing

1. Penn 525 Multiplier

15 vote(s)
    16.5%
  2. Abu 7000 Multiplier

13 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Abu 7500 Multiplier

9 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. Abu 9000 Multiplier

6 vote(s)
    6.6%
  5. Daiwa Slosh 30 Multiplier

26 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Daiwa Slosh 20 Multiplier

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  7. Daiwa Slosh 40 Multiplier

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Daiwa Slosh 50 Multiplier

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Morrum Multiplier

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  10. Calcutter Multiplier

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  11. Penn 535 Multiplier

13 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Dav

Dav Rockling

Seems the calcutta isnt rated much , i think there a proper good quality multiplier , mines been going a few years now with no hint of bother , well so far .

2. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I think the Calcuttas are a fine looking and casting reel but for the price they are the build quality isnt very good and long term for me
    they cant take the hammer , pound for pound the Avet range are the tops

3. Dav

Dav Rockling

Do you think Al . saying this mines had a fair bit of hammer like and hasnt had any querks as yet , I do look after my reels tho.. :whistle: to me there a good solid reel and put my bait out a good 250 yds :laugh: :laugh:
    Do you have an avet ? how longs that been going now like Al ?
    i think if anyones gonna test a reel to its limits it will be you and mart like...

4. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Our Martin has 2 Avets , the MXL 5.8 MC thats the larger reel ideal for rock / cliff fishing , its machined from a solid block of HQ Alloy
    lever drag that locks solid , casting magnets control , the best handle you could want [ dosent rot away ] a really solid job , the other
    reel is the SX 5.3 : 1- MC its a smaller reel , Ideal for the beach but quite capable in heavier ground as well , it casts like a dream
    I believe the UK supplier gives a 3 year guarantee ------- Our Mart could put a U bend in a cannon ball , so it gets well tested