1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Reel For Rock Fishing - Poll

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by smokey, Feb 22, 2007.

What Is Your Favourite Reel For Rock Fishing

1. Penn 525 Multiplier

15 vote(s)
  2. Abu 7000 Multiplier

13 vote(s)
  3. Abu 7500 Multiplier

9 vote(s)
  4. Abu 9000 Multiplier

6 vote(s)
  5. Daiwa Slosh 30 Multiplier

26 vote(s)
  6. Daiwa Slosh 20 Multiplier

4 vote(s)
  7. Daiwa Slosh 40 Multiplier

0 vote(s)
  8. Daiwa Slosh 50 Multiplier

0 vote(s)
  9. Morrum Multiplier

2 vote(s)
  10. Calcutter Multiplier

3 vote(s)
  11. Penn 535 Multiplier

13 vote(s)
  1. Dav

Dav Rockling

Seems the calcutta isnt rated much , i think there a proper good quality multiplier , mines been going a few years now with no hint of bother , well so far .
  2. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I think the Calcuttas are a fine looking and casting reel but for the price they are the build quality isnt very good and long term for me
    they cant take the hammer , pound for pound the Avet range are the tops
  3. Dav

Dav Rockling

Do you think Al . saying this mines had a fair bit of hammer like and hasnt had any querks as yet , I do look after my reels tho.. :whistle: to me there a good solid reel and put my bait out a good 250 yds :laugh: :laugh:
    Do you have an avet ? how longs that been going now like Al ?
    i think if anyones gonna test a reel to its limits it will be you and mart like...
  4. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Our Martin has 2 Avets , the MXL 5.8 MC thats the larger reel ideal for rock / cliff fishing , its machined from a solid block of HQ Alloy
    lever drag that locks solid , casting magnets control , the best handle you could want [ dosent rot away ] a really solid job , the other
    reel is the SX 5.3 : 1- MC its a smaller reel , Ideal for the beach but quite capable in heavier ground as well , it casts like a dream
    I believe the UK supplier gives a 3 year guarantee ------- Our Mart could put a U bend in a cannon ball , so it gets well tested