1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Reel For Rock Fishing - Poll

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by smokey, Feb 22, 2007.

Tags:
?

What Is Your Favourite Reel For Rock Fishing

1. Penn 525 Multiplier

15 vote(s)
    16.5%
  2. Abu 7000 Multiplier

13 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Abu 7500 Multiplier

9 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. Abu 9000 Multiplier

6 vote(s)
    6.6%
  5. Daiwa Slosh 30 Multiplier

26 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Daiwa Slosh 20 Multiplier

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  7. Daiwa Slosh 40 Multiplier

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Daiwa Slosh 50 Multiplier

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Morrum Multiplier

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  10. Calcutter Multiplier

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  11. Penn 535 Multiplier

13 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Daiwa Saltists for me.
    Regards Ian

2. gigantuA!

gigantuA! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i likes me penn 525 for distance work filled with 25lb ultima f1 and 80lb leader on a bimini,also got a morrum for closer and kelpy bottom fishing on 30lb suffix supreeme and leader, cliff tops i use 2(1) diawa saltist 50 's cant beat em for straight winching power i have wound fish to 7lb on them up cliffs plus casting wise there great filled with 30lb suppreme again with the old faithful bimini 80lb they do need that heavier lead to take it out , i also could do with a twelve-bore to take them bloody gannets out as one saltist and rod were takeN for a flying lesson a few weeks back

3. Dav

Dav Rockling

But now its broke... :cheesy:

4. craigs

craigs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

slosh 30 every time

5. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

calcutta 700 for the rock work, i started with 535 but the frame cracked, i was happy with it till then so tried the 252 mag extra just 2 small i thought so then the slosh30 really nice to cast, but now more than happy with the calcutta.

cliff tops, which i fished for the first time at bempton last nite. i got a new 9000c 2speed, but its the the old one (1979/80) brass end plates. what a reel. it the first time it has been used yesterday since it was made.

the reels i am using now have suffix sup on 30lb with 80lb shock leader, personly i think the suffix is far better than the sensor,

6. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

did you catch owt last night john?

7. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Yes the rain. Lol.
    No pretty gutted really. Kept getting bites but could not get them hooked. There were a few fish off there though.
    But as i say there is always next time. Hopefuly

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Its been a long time since this topic was launched. Is it time for a new poll including fixed spools ??

9. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

Diawa saltist 30h is my number 1 reel for rock fishing now days.
    Penn 525 mags come a close 2nd.

10. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Penn battle seems to be flavour off the week at the moment they are pretty tough

Sent from my GT-i9300 using Tapatalk 2

11. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

fin-nor sportfisher 70, 50lb braid super strong :yes:

12. pat cottam

pat cottam Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Avet 5.8 mxl for me, trawl winches for left handers

Regards

Pat

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Ive been thinking of a penn battle for conger fishing Matty. What you reckon ?

14. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I haven't got one myself Glenn but I've seen how tough and well made they are. Gary got his big jack trevaly in using one so I have no doubt it could handle anything the UK could throw at it.

Sent from my M532 using Tapatalk 2

15. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

All in all for me the Avet reels take a hell of a lot of beating

16. rickh

rickh Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Any abu supporters tried the new 7500i CT Elite? Supposed to be everything we've been waiting for ( except perhaps the weight) with non bending spindle and brass side plates.

17. dabcatcher

dabcatcher Blenny

525's for most of my rough ground fishing but when it gets seriously snaggy i use a 7500.

18. robq

robq Rockling

My new fathom 25 is a nice bit of kit :yes:

very similar to the x torque in shape and design but lighter.

Its a big reel that sits quite high on the rod, a bit higher than a 535 so that may be a problem for those with small hands.

It cast very very smooth but is a bit quick even with all brake blocks engaged. I tamed mine with thick oil in the bearings and a single static 8mm magnet glued inside the side plate :wink:

Its got a very powerful retrieve too and a nice reel for 35 or 40lb straight through :happy:

19. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

The build quality of the Avet is the absolute tops , its spot on and should last for years , you cant say that about the Calcuttas

20. GJW

GJW Rockling

Penn Battle... Tough as old boots nothing flash but does what it says on the tin, which I can't say for my Diawa 6000t's..