1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Reel For Rock Fishing - Poll

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by smokey, Feb 22, 2007.

Tags:
?

What Is Your Favourite Reel For Rock Fishing

1. Penn 525 Multiplier

15 vote(s)
    16.5%
  2. Abu 7000 Multiplier

13 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Abu 7500 Multiplier

9 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. Abu 9000 Multiplier

6 vote(s)
    6.6%
  5. Daiwa Slosh 30 Multiplier

26 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Daiwa Slosh 20 Multiplier

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  7. Daiwa Slosh 40 Multiplier

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Daiwa Slosh 50 Multiplier

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Morrum Multiplier

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  10. Calcutter Multiplier

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  11. Penn 535 Multiplier

13 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

Re: Whats Everyones Favourite Reel?

[/quote]

Keith at Saltburn says he will match any price you give him. A very nice welcoming shop with staff who actually fish. Although Dan torments me everytime I go in asking if I want some whiting hooks, its a pleasure to go there.
    [/quote]

tell him you can get one for £30 ;D ;) ;)

2. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

Hi guys,
    I always had Abu 7000's when I fished over 20 years ago so when I started back I went for the old stand-by and found ABU 7000C3's on ebay going for around the £45 mark. You have to bid for them but I paid £45.01 for one and I have had a few trips out of it now. Still think they are great reels. RRP £189.99 according to the advert, can't be far off.

I am NOT on commission or any 'thank you', (wish I was) so if you are interested you could take a look at http://stores.ebay.co.uk/TACKLEDISCOUNTS-ultimate-value_Sea-Fishing_Reels_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ9559660QQftidZ2QQtZkm

The details.
    THE FLAGSHIP OF THE ABU AMBASSADEUR MULTIPLIER RANGE
    R.r.p £189.99

Model : ABU GARCIA AMBASSADEUR 7000 C3
    Colour : MATT SILVER
    Ball Bearings: 3 STAINLESS STEEL
    GEAR RATIO: 4:1:1
    LINE CAPACITY: 17/325 (lb.test/yds)
    WEIGHT: 19.9 oz
    CONDITION: BRAND NEW
    RIGHT HANDED VERSION
    WITH LEVEL WIND

They have plenty of other cheapish gear as well. I buy all my gear off different sellers on Ebay, I haven't found cheaper.
    Cheers

3. prof tench

prof tench Guest

For distance work, I use the blue ABU Elite's 6500C3T, this is the brake block version of what became the mag elite. I run them on 'red' rocket fuel with two small blocks for fishing which makes them pretty docile. These day's, however, I use the SLOSH 20 more and more on Holderness, in real fishing conditions it isn't far behind the 65's in terms of distance and leaves them for dead for speed and power. Stick two red blocks in them, load up with 0.4mm and forget about any further faffing about. At about £70-00 they are the best value reel around and last indefinitely with care. Didn't like the original 525mag, as they ran too fast for my liking, as the new ones are relatively expensive, I'll stick with the SLOSH for now.

I have two converted Daiwa 6HM's, which I now only really use for close range bassing, or carry as a spare reel. I use a fixed spool with my Backcaster, usually the Daiwa Emblem-X 5500T. I also have a SLOSH 30 and two of the old red 7000's for the rough stuff.

For spinning, I stick to the trustly old Mitchell 300.

T

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

i,ll give you 30 quid raymond .... ;D

5. Markus V 07

Markus V 07 New Member

Well Am 14 , And I Think My [ Okuma Eclipz - Ez-65 ] Is Mint Just Right 4 Me Aswell !

6. chopper

chopper New Member

for me its 7ht turbos for beach work,calcutta 700 reels for heavy/medium rock and cliffs,525 super mags for distance work over medium/light rock.

7. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Lets see what the Favourite reel is then for Rock fishing amongst you guys. By Rock fishing I mean anything that isn't sand or Cliff as we shall have a poll looking at those later. I realise that some of you use different reels in diverse situations but sorry you can only name 1 reel here - Your favourite.

After voting could you please give a bit of info on your choice. Why you like it. Line capacity (if you know), Best Price - etc etc.

8. Baramundi Bob

Slosh on top at the moment

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

Can you class the shv as a slosh ?. even so i still think it has alot to prove against the 7000syn. so i,l go with abu

10. steerser

steerser Blenny

penn 545 for me

11. Baramundi Bob

2 topics on reels now merged into this one. If anyone has anything to add about their fave reel then please feel free to do so. At the moment the slosh is just pipping the penn 525.

Hi Dav,

Yes I would consider your new reel to be a slosh :) :)

12. robq

robq Rockling

Slosh 30 every time for me except for the tops when it is a bit low on capacity for which I use a penn 535. You can get the sloshes for £60 now if you shop about ! fast retrieve,easily tuned, tough and cheap, what more could you want ?? you could buy 3 for the price of a calcutta ;D ;D

13. Steve

Steve Rockling

slosh 30 for bottoms loaded with grauvell teklon gold.
    slosh 50 for bempton topsloaded with 40lb mono or penn 545 loaded with 80lb whiplash braid
    slosh 40 shv for flamborough loaded with 35lb mono
    penn 525 mag for beach loaded with 23lb grauvell mono.

i find this an ideal combination

14. Dav

Dav Rockling

For me time will tell... thats if i,m lucky enough to get a pig n a half, heard them slosh drive pins have a tendancy to break under big pressure ???, although mines had several seasons graft and no problems as yet ,touch wood. ;D...although its got alot to prove against the old dog... ;D......

15. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

how on earth can the dogpoo sl30 be winning this, they are pants, the nipple on the drive shafts snap all the time with me, they cant take no stick :D

16. Gillbo

Gillbo Blenny

For the general cod fishing and the rocks my current favourite is probably the Abu 7500C3CT nut the Daiwa Saltist 30H is very close.

17. Rockfish

Rockfish New Member

Abu 7000 / 7000i

18. robq

robq Rockling

shimano super ultegra 10000 xsa :yes:

No fixed spools in there to vote for though ??

Times are a changing !!

19. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

my rock reel is the slosh 30.......cant fault it.....plus its the only one ive got :cheesy: :cheesy:

20. Baramundi Bob

Never thought of that rob. I will need to add some.

Cheers - Glenn