1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite bait or lure for Bass

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bassman, Apr 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bassman

bassman Administrator

Whats your favorite bait for bass

Bait has got to be yellow tail for me every time

And your favorite Lures

Lure Storm Jointed Thunder Stick but sadly they have stopped production of these lures

2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Blue mackeral rapala cd9 (boat fished)

• Like Like x 1
  3. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

caught my one and only bass on lure cant remember name red head silver body from veals

• Like Like x 2
  4. surfacepopper

surfacepopper Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

White red gill 3foot trace on bombarda 25g float for distance

• Like Like x 2
  5. simon22

simon22 Rockling

In wales peeler and live mackerel. Rag comes second on the beach but peeler will out fish it everytime. Lures I like the shad style. Long and thin like a sandeel

• Like Like x 1
  6. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

Has to be the storm jointed thunderstick for me too. But a closde second Yo Zuri Crystal Minnow Floaters

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Glenn Kilpatrick

Maria Chase BW ??

• Like Like x 1
  8. dabcatcher

dabcatcher Blenny

locally I find rag best but in north wales a large whole soft crab on a 5/0 is deadly. on lures ive had more bass on a cheap £2.50 Conrad popper.

• Like Like x 2
  9. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thats it maria chase lovely bit of kit getting old and forgetfull now

10. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I won a couple of yozuri crystal minnows in a comp a few years ago, dont think i ever caught anything with them !
    had more results with the 6" long tronix pro pencil lures from bill costins and pound shop lures...

11. Glenn Kilpatrick

From the kayak I wouldnt swap it for anything else. but they have to be the right size and they have to be the floating ones. It really is an allrounder and they kill the big pollack.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bassman

bassman Administrator

Anybody tried float fishing with live sand eel been told it works well by some of the small boat owners,

13. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

seen that method on the south entrance of menai straits north wales 2 years ago, belting results.

• Like Like x 1
  14. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Strangely, my most successful colour last year was the Duo orange, in the Surf 135 and the floating 175. Killer colour.
    Normally, the sandeel Duo, 125, or Nabaorone equivalent 130.

• Like Like x 1
  15. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great pike lure too. Had some crackers on them.
    Fantastic action but, as you say, probably better from kayak, as they really are pretty damn bad for casting. LOL
    Also, for shore fishing, I find they float a little too fast? Not too bad in fresh water.
    Not tried the suspending ones, but if action is the same I would think that is the one to go for. Even sinkers? (Depends if they rate them for salt or fresh).
    Just IMO.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

On the S/east coast, we use only whole Mackerel flappers or live mackerel but that's off a wall straight into about 30 - 40ft water. Big baits sort out the big fish most of the time. Biggest so far just over 14lb, but of course this year they will all be getting put back! Various lures account for lots of Bass off the beaches.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mike t

Mike t New Member

Only had 1 on lure that took a black fishh minnow while afloat but from the beach Rag or crab for me.Had most of my bass on ragworms,they love em

• Like Like x 2
  18. congerball

congerball Blenny

Peeler crab.
    IMA Komookokokmoko (something like that)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Bassplugger

Bassplugger Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Komomo is what your looking for lol