1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boat Fishing Fao, Bri Carragher

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by navmanfish, Oct 3, 2015.

1. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Bri,

sorry for delay with Thursdays txt,

we were just down towards cattersea, think we saw you venture inside nr

penny hole , near another boat.

all fish we kept were 5-8 lb, 20 in total.

shads only took 2 cod, mainly catching rest on those" deep sea squid" cheapies

from boyes!

water was gin clear inside, nowt outside rock edge.

couple of Pollock to 5lb -returned, no bass.

if you were trying old mussel bed area for bass, I think the lack of mussel bed there

now is causing lower catch rate, unless they are driving bait fish in there

it appears to be less prolific.

let us know how you got on.

2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yeh it was me that ran in under Penny hole, there was another boat there a bit further lure fishing for bass towards huntcliffe proper but they had no luck and soon bombed offside for some fish, water there was green with algea and not good at all, went all over looking for fish and had a poor day really, ended up with 10 to keep but not a very good sample

Ended up in 26 fathom trying to find clearer water but everywhere was green just not as green offside as it was closer in, clearer water around the scaurs at Redcar than offside

Just got back in (sat afternoon) from a Pollock session at redcar and did very well, probably about 16 Pollack to 11lb, Andy Stonehouse got that one (shadrap) and all bar 1 can to deep diving plugs fished just above or touching kelp, good fun on a 6lb class rod and 20lb braid

3. navmanfish

good day for you sat,

sample of Pollock down Huntcliffe improve year on year

but not of the sample you get.

have to have a look down that way sson.

keep safe

• Like Like x 1
  4. navmanfish

5. robq

robq Rockling

Awesome vids there :)

Just had a day under bempton on my sib with similar gear have to say some of the best sport ive had in a long time :)

A good stamp of codlings in the 4 to 6lb range kept me busy for 4 hrs. Kept 5 amd put at least 10 back:)

Saw other boats usimg big broomhandle rods and centrpin reels on the same ground !!! WHY

6. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

For those that say cod don't fight, think again

They go like stink, fished on new modern lightweight balanced tackle especially in shallow waters they don't half go some and you still don't land every one you connect with, superb sport fishing and its the way forward, forget the 50lb class rod and 70lb mono and scarbrough reel and you'll experience something new, who knows their catch rates might go up too

7. navmanfish

Just had a day under bempton on my sib with similar gear have to say some of the best sport ive had in a long time

yes robq, shallow water fishing for them is good sport.

couple of sibs down skinny way fri, nice if they were forum members

& added posts etc, used to enjoy Groynes SIB reports for marske area etc.

gives you a overall prospective of not having to go to the horizon chasing all

over etc.