1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fantastic nights fishing - PB Bag of cod!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mattylamb, Oct 22, 2014.

1. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Winter Cod Fishing

Well I had been undecided on where to fish last night.

I fancied Runswick but when we got there we felt there wasn't quite enough sea on for it so we had a move to where there was more movement. Sea was thick with colour.

First chuck and a nice five pounder was landed. Anyway to cut a long story short it was pretty much a fish a chuck. I ended up with 9 fish of which 2 size returned and 7 kept for just over 30lb. Biggest fish 6lb 14 Oz. A fantastic nights fishing and my best yet.

bait was frozen peeler, mussel, blacks and cart

[​IMG]

2. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

Well done matty cracking bag of fish all look stuffed with grub well done on biggest bag yet :D :D ;D

3. smokey

smokey Rockling

Great stuff Matty were they all fresh run or a mix of natives?

4. robq

robq Rockling

well done matty :) thats a proper bag of fish !!

Good to see that its not just all micro mops :)

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

a mix mate, some cam out looking fresh and went red later, the big one was nearly white when i landed it but red on that pic!

6. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Well done Foxey

7. smokey

smokey Rockling

A great sign if they were all fresh mate, I really need to get some bait sorted and have a go, the prospects look great for a big winter season.

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Really well done, great fishing.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

9. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking.
    Love this time if year.
    Still not too cold and miserable, and still fresh with excitement for the season.
    Great fishing.

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done Matty, quality night there mate. Just think of how far your shore fishing has come in a few ahort years. Bet that felt great

11. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

indeed Glenn, I'm having a great run at the moment and can't really work out why to be honest but im loving it !

12. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

An accumulation of knowledge and effort. It happens all of a sudden.

It Takes time to build up that knowledge, but once a few things click into place you tend to develop the habbit of being in the right place at the right time with the right baits.

Wasnt it Garry Player who said "The More I Practice, the Luckier I Get"

13. smokey

smokey Rockling

One of the truest quotes ever that Glenn and it was Gary player as far as I remember.

14. Iank

Iank Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking session Matty

We can only dream of that over this side. I've had three beach sessions for cod this last week and feel chuffed to have had three insize fish.

Well done!

15. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

welldone great haul,yep gary player,great quote 8)

16. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice plump fish. well done

mick

17. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Really good fishing there Matty a big well done

18. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

top quality angling matty well done,were you in the match,if you were even bigger well done

19. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

No mate it was a pleasure session. Great thing about it was due to the low pressure and strong NW winds and swell, the gulley never emptied, even at low water it was full as the tide hardly moved and we kept catching right through the tide and into the flood. I caught on my last cast and could easily have stayed another half hour and caught more.

20. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Well done Matty, thats one heck of a bag of fish, enjoyed watching you flourish into quite an amazing rock angler :)