1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Tags:
  1. Boro5707

Boro5707 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Am off up to the caravan park up Eyemouth on Monday for a 5 days thanks to the sun £9.50 holidays. Don't worry I am not about to go to st abbs head lol. Will prob try and sneak away for 2 day time sessions and one night if possible with the fishing gear. Has anyone got any experience fishing at this time of the year? Will be fishing alone, so won't be venturing out on the rocks, far to dangerous in a area I don't know and with how slippy they will be and swell up there. Has anyone fished any of the piers or beaches? Or am I better off heading south to seahouses and beadnell? Any advice would be appreciated.

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

2. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Best person to ask would be Alan (Big Cliff) hes fished that way a few times.Sure he would be glad to help.

3. Boro5707

I thought of big cliff as I was writing it. Helped me out a lot when I fished Arbroath for the first time last winter. Top bloke and top info.

4. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

You can fish from the cliff ledges at the back of the camp , they are safe and not very high , If the winds allow start at the far left corner
    of the cliffs [ the corner facing ST Abbs ] it has a decent depth of water and never ebbs out , if its a bit windy fish a bit further to the left into the bay again off the low cliff ledges , I tend to like it from around half flood onwards ---- the second area I mentioned is in the area of the memorial seats looking north

5. Boro5707

Many thanks Alan, thought about the back of the caravan park, happy fishing the cliffs. Much appreciated infor. Last time I visited the camp site area I must of been about 5 or 6 and my nana had a stroke and on another trip the dog got ran over. Hopefully this time they will be a bit less drama!

6. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Some good fishing off the rocks at the end of St Abbs Harbour.

Also you could try the Pier end at Berwick Upon Tweed.

All good cod ground up there mate.

BP

7. Sadung

Sadung Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

The cliff tops at caravan park good also good shot at the golf club end of a single track road the fishing a dropped off with the sea been away for so long

8. Boro5707

Cheers for the infomation. All set now for setting off tomorrow morning, just spent 3 hours shelling mussels, hands killing but hopefully worth it. 10 fresh peelers, 20 frozen, more mussels than you can shake a stick at, 10 blueys, 5 mackerel, 50 frozen blacks, couple of bags of blow lug, and some nice whites to top it off. Let's hope the fis

9. Boro5707

Fish are playing.

10. imonlycoddin

imonlycoddin Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

good luck boro5707 looking forward to your report :)