1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eyemouth fishing Marks?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Fishaman07, May 13, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Fishaman07

Fishaman07 New Member

Hi,

Guys does any one know of any marks at Eyemouth?

What tides are best,weather conditions etc too?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,Thanks in advance,Fishaman07.

2. thebigman

thebigman New Member

There's a bit about fishing St Abbs head here - http://www.planetseafishing.com/features/read/pilgrims-to-the-saint/

3. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

theres plenty of marks in the eyemouth area the area around the golf course can be good for cod both kelpie and fresh run, coalies ,
    pollack and a chance of a conger its very difficult to describe individual marks , the razor back, the cave etc but the whole area can throw fish up on a flooding tide on its day , if you go a few miles to the north you come to ST ABBS there is a host of marks round there
    the breackwater wall where the steps are, in between the islands and either side of the harbour you are fishing into kelp and can throw up some nice kelpies late into the summer, there is a spot just near the big white house on the top of the cliff which is just south of the harbour and some good spots around the corner towards coldingham bay the first of the flood tide can be very good, on the north side of the harbour there is a boulder strewn beach which gives way to the cliffs you get here by following the foot path which is marked St Abbs head and then down the grass bank to the rocks below the last couple of hours of the ebb and first of the flood i found best. St Abbs head itself can produce cod and some real nice pollack have been caught on bait intended for cod but will also take lures..

Good Luck

Alan

4. Fishaman07

Fishaman07 New Member

Some cracking information there,thanks guys,i take it i will need plenty of leads & Pulley rigs when fishing the likes of Abbs & Eyemouth for the kelpies?