1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extreme Sea Angling In The UK

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 18, 2012.

1. bucko

bucko New Member

Top drawer Glenn- well deserved.
    All you need now is Henry Gilbey on the blower!

2. bow1

bow1 Rockling

ecellent news glenn ,well desrved.

So who would be in frame for appearing on telly,theres a few charachters on here to choose from !!!

3. robq

robq Rockling

I do feel a little " not worthy " really !!

Yes Dave and I have been down those ropes in recent years and taken a few photos for personal reasons ( basically to look back with fond memories when we are too old LOL "

The guys who pioneered these routes without all the safety gear like Pete Bayes etc are the real heroes :cool: :cool

Thanks for coverage Glenn :happy: Nice to see the pics going to help the site :yes:

I got an e mail from my mum who nearly had a heart attack when she saw some of the s***t I have been up to when she was reading the daily mail website yesterday :embarrass:

4. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

can understand yours mums reaction rob,knowing your kids are doing things like that would make you a nervous wreck .
    i have two grown lads and am glad they dont do things like that or i would never sleep but same said for my mother rest her soul if she knew when i was younger i was riding round leeds at 140 mph on my kwak gpz 900
    each to his own .
    like you said it will be great in years to come telling your grandkids things you used to do in the name of fishing and show them the pictures because they would never believe you went down them cliffs ,
    looks like stardom is in the wings for you two, cant wait to see it on tv,think bear grylls might get in touch but he,s a wuss as most of his stuff is false,
    got to be a yorkshire man to do it right.

frank.

5. bucko

bucko New Member

I was thinking a bit more about peoples reactions to this.
    My opinion is that while it gives me the shakes just looking at the pics- its awesome that people are going out and doing it.
    But, how many of those who criticise these adventures have driven to marks in less than favourable road conditions or extreme weather?
    I have- and theres probably more risk driving along the A171 on an icy night than descending a cliff with the right kit, clothing and knowledge.

6. bow1

bow1 Rockling

Got to agree bucko,i think most of us have travelled and fished in some atrocious conditions.

7. bucko

bucko New Member

In The Northern Echo today:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/9962419.Extreme_anglers_at_600ft/?ref=mmsp

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Now we have interest from The One Show and Animal Planet. People are loving this story.

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=31157.0

10. faithWRX

faithWRX Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

This is some dedication to the sport, being raised in East Anglia this is something that I have missed out on, plus my fear of heights would put me off fishing spots like this :(

11. jenbaker

jenbaker New Member

12. ameliahun

ameliahun New Member

Wow, I find it dangerous but at the same time it’s very exciting to be out in the open ocean and catch fish, it’s the experience you'll never forget.

13. Complis

Complis New Member

Great picture mats and I always want to go these green places all over the world and want to enjoy some stay there.