1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extreme Sea Angling In The UK

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 18, 2012.

1. robq

robq Rockling

heights dont bother me at all, as long as I have the right safety gear on :yes:

however a little spider will have me a wreck :scared: :scared:

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

A bit sensationalised and some not quite factually correct. But still worth a read. Im told it will be in national print in next few days in quite a few of the papers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2208803/Daredevil-anglers-abseil-400ft-cliffs-gale-force-winds-reach-remote-spots-fished-before.html

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I suppose we are a bunch of nutters really :cheesy:

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Some more nuts than others :scare:

Rather odd seeing Rob & Dave in the Daily Mail :nerd: as long as they don't do page 3 in the Sun we'll be ok :vomit:

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

just waiting for the knee jerk comments of your average Daily Mail reader to start flooding in

6. Baramundi Bob

That should be fun.

7. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

Yep I totally agree the PC brigade will be jumping up and down like a box full of frogs.
    If Scarborough Council put their hands in their deep pockets could we have the wonderfully safe East Pier reopened to anglers :yes: :yes:

8. bucko

bucko New Member

There's only one so far- the cranks must be busy rattling on about 'Broken Britain' being invaded by immigrant devil dogs.

9. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

just read the mail on about daredevil anglers in the northeast .
    dave and rob will be starring in the following film i take it ,i think they would have to because i bet they cant get a stuntman or woman to go down them ropes.
    now you,ve made the venues public nationwide them cliff bottoms will be crawling with anglers [i think not for some reason]
    notice how rob does the action pics and dave does the fish ones ,well done lads made great reading .
    best wishes from an acrophobic, me.

frank.

10. robq

robq Rockling

Sory of my lfe Frank :whatever:

I have been ghillie for Dave more times than I care to remember !!

Got a proper soaking in the festive sweepstake in a massive sea at cloughton last year :evil:

11. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hope it does not attract anyone to try birdash for a look or to try it without proper gear the ropes are not to good down there or back rope at roll up as for the the 7 ladders never seen the 6 others or 5 others if you count dave medds at bottom :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

12. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

enjoyed that :yes: now then were,s me rope :embarrass: boulby is about my limit now ,
    green top rock rope but only if i must ,

sh1t myself first time down as it was my very first time extreeeeeem fishing
    wouldn,t have missed it for the world now i look back .

13. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

The offer to ghillie your fish is always there Rob..... :wink:

Put tin hat on and wait for the fall out from this ..........I wonder if I ll get another pm from another angling journo telling me off like happened a couple of years ago..........no bass in the back garden either :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well done Glenn mind you keeping Longhole quiet and calling it Bempton was offside :wink: :cheesy:

14. Baramundi Bob

lol, yeah well youve got to protect your own back yard. Only joking of course I did label the pics up correctly but journalists being journalists just do what they want any how. He asked for a load more pics today as yours wernt high enough res for the papers. Said he didnt care where they were from so long as they were people fishing and catching fish, so hes got some from the mull, yet the article is about Yorkshire. They didnt seem to care so long as they got a story out with some pics, and I wasnt too bothered as it should mean more visitors to the site.

15. Baramundi Bob

Today it made The Times, Radio Five live, and the BBC TV want to do something and now National Geographic want to make a program.

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

bloody cool that is , if you need a helping hand like some one who never forgets out , im,your man :laugh:
    wouldn,t mind being on telly , some said i had a great face for radio, think he meant tv realy :confused:

17. Baramundi Bob

Apparently its also been in The Times, The Metro and The Sun. I really need to thank Dave and Rob as its their pictures that have provided a lot of the interest.

The national geographic thing is a bit frightening though. Not sure I would dare go on. Its an International fishing comp, one at Whitby and the other 2 in other countries. Marks for best angling experience and best local cultures, best restaurant/hospitality.

18. Cartman74

Cartman74 Guest

Brigg end at night, love it :canadian:

19. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Fantastic stuff, can only be a good thing for Whitby Sea Anglers, and a big well done to the stars of the features, Dave and Rob. So proud to be a Yorkshire Sea Angler (albeit not v often of late), as should every one of you. Really good that local anglers are being recognised as some of the best and most dedicated in the UK.

20. Cartman74

Cartman74 Guest

too true, ive met some nutty anglers here, you included ken at the head lol, you gotta be dedicated to risk that for fish