1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extreme Sea Angling In The UK

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Stan123

Stan123 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Having looked at those pictures I have come to the conclusion that down your way, most of you are certifiable :laugh:

2. simmo

simmo stay calm and carry on

COD have alot to say for :scare: but we love it

3. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Sorry Glenn all I have picture wise is the uploads to photobucket....i thought my old hard drive had the originals on but alas i ve not backed them up anywhere other than online storage.

Sorry.

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Ok Dave cheers for looking, much appreciated.

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

You know what kayak ones we have Glenn, you welcome to any of those, skate, tope etc

6. Baramundi Bob

Cheers ken, I sent in a few of the kayak ones too. I think the angling times will be running a small article either this week or next.

7. boro roy

boro roy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

some really extream pictures feel tired just looking

8. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

got to admit you would not get me near them cliffs ,i get scared now getting over the wall on the drive as i do have a few wobbles and am not too good on my feet and easily fall,i dont thjink i would have done them when i was fit.
    the pictures of rob and dave doing the cliffs are frightening to just look at on my pc screen,surely lads a fish or two is not worth risking your lives for ,
    i admire your guts but the heights involved leave no chance if anything bad happened ,i love reading your reports and hope to continue to keep reading them but if you want to fish down these marks buy a helicopter .

all the best , frank.

9. Baramundi Bob

Life is for living. Some may want to curl up in an armchair whilst others want to push it to the max. Learn to accept and respect that we are all different and want different things from our lives. Further to the point never criticise people enjoying their sport, especially on this forum as its all about extremes.

10. Baramundi Bob

I believe the article was in the angling times today. Some of the nationals have picked up on it and want to run the story.

11. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

keep us informed Glen if you find out what nationals are doing it :cool:

12. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

It's a big part of many lads fishing frank, myself included. In the words of spawney, it's the journey, not the destination, it's all part of the day out.

Personally heights don't affect me so it's no big deal. To someone who is worried about heights,it will be extreme I suppose. To someone who dare not go up a ladder (not you frank) it must be terrifying to see. Each to their own, one mans meat is another mans poison.

13. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

The closest I ve come to a very serious situation was falling off a rock about three foot high an breaking my ankle ! I m more nervous now on the sippery green unstable rocks than I am on the cliff descents ! :wink:

To those who say is it worth it for a fish ?....

The smile should say it ?

[​IMG]

:wink:

14. robq

robq Rockling

another fish that I got a good soaking for Dave :whatever:

15. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i smashed my pelvis, leg and ankle walking off the east pier in the fog at low water, very nearly drowned, and almost died from hypothermia. if it wasnt for a local who heard me screaming for my life (les mcguire), i would be dead. as soon as i could walk again i got my mates to take me back there fishing, i hobbled on, and loved it, seeing where i nearly met him :yes:
    i've absailed 165 foot down a cliff(three times because i loved it) and done a 15 mile white water yak down a river, both at lane head in the lakes when i was 16.
    i s h i t myself going down goldsbrough ropes now because of it all( still do it though), but the fear of drowning again has put me right off any thought of kayaking, which i love the sound of, when i had my fall, i could'nt feel no pain, and the only thing i was bothered about was my pride and joy red vectra grand prix, when i saw it bobbing in the water, i tried to paddle towards it, and it kept going, before i knew it i was 400 yards away in the last of a big ebb in the waves swallowing seawater.

extreme sea angling :yes:

16. Baramundi Bob

I think you've come closest to death out of everyone I know Paul, and your passion for fishing is still greater than anyone I know too.

I think your like me, I always say if I die whilst fishing then Ive gone doing the thing I love. If ever that does happen, god forbid, I want my Children and family to be told that.

I want people who read this to always remember what Ive said.

17. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

if i die fishing, mint

if i die while i'm hooked into one, and i dont see it, not so mint

:blindfold:

18. Baramundi Bob

19. jacfodder

jacfodder Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Its in this weeks angling times glen page 6.

Re answer 32. very nice fish jellyworm.

20. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

wasnt being critical at all and would never do so ,
    i know lads want to push the limits just scared me looking at the pictures ,i stick with the comment about a fish or two not being worth your life though and yes ramrod i am scared of heights ,always have been.
    played rugby from 17 to 34 so never scared of big blokes but big heights will have me changeing my undies everytime.

all the best and safe fishing ,

frank.