1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extreme Sea Angling In The UK

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Related Reading

Extreme Kayak Fishing

Facebook Fishing Updates
    Daily Mail Article
    Robin Hoods Bay Crazy Gang Rope
    Bempton Staple Newk
    More Crazyness At Bempton
    Bempton With Cod
    Cliff Fishing Looks Great Fun
    Bempton Birdash - The Real Tough One
    Extreme Kayak Fishing

Our site has always been some what infamous for the extreme lengths some of us go to in search of fish. There are ropes all the way down the Yorkshire coast, there are ladders, and some people abseil. We carry kayaks down the cliffs and go to extraordinary lengths to get to our marks.

I have been in touch with a reporter from one of the National Angling Publications and he wishes to do an article on extreme fishing. I have agreed to help him out in return for some publicity for the site.

In my book, the north east lads, especially those on here, are head and shoulders above the rest of the UK, so lets show them what its all about.

If you have any pictures of your angling exploits, even if youve posted them up before, The more extreme the better, then please post them up.

The higher the resolution the better.

Also if you have stories of some of the things you have got upto, then we would love to hear them too. Have you ever fallen ? been hurt ? Has anything ever put you off ? Just what lengths will you go to in search of fish ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. robq

robq Rockling

here are a few of the threads with pics that I can remember, probably a fair few more :yes:

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=17320.0

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3845.msg34437#msg34437

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4278.msg38791;topicseen#msg38791

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3197.msg27962#msg27962

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7678.20

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. andym

andym Rockling

Not Extreme as such but best I can contribute

Winter night time Kayaking

[​IMG]

Competing with the locals

[​IMG]

4. Baramundi Bob

Cheers Guys. I shall make sure these are included. Rob / Jellyworm, Im wondering if you have these pictures in a bigger size / resolution ?

5. robq

robq Rockling

I am sure Dave will Glenn

I have some but no access to them, as my laptop is dead after I fell asleep with a cider last week :sad:

6. Baramundi Bob

Robson Green, My Ar$e !!

7. Baramundi Bob

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1685.0

8. Baramundi Bob

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.418262921553811.91586.211560138890758&type=3

9. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I ll look through my photo archives Glenn and see if I ve got any of the original files in full resoloution. :cool:

10. Baramundi Bob

Cheers Dave, thats much appreciated. It will all be good publicity for the site.

11. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

wish i could have got a picture of me going down goldsbrough on a moday night, down the ropes, and some numpty whitby club angler had disengaged his penn 535 full of 30lb line at the bottom on a bush, rushing to get back to his weigh in, he left 200 yards pluss, zig zagging up the track (glenn :yes: :ugly:), luckily when my foot found his erm, disgaurded line, it was when you have to hop over a tree trunk on the way down, and there is a bit of airspace the other side of the trunk, i did a full forward 360 roll, landed on my arse, looked left and still managed to grab my rod butt before it started to move from the start of my tumble, seatbox on my back still intact, i continued down the cliff, cursing and knowing whose bloody line it was. the next day the phonecall to glenn, he did'nt take long to admit his shortfall( i had fish and i needed the points) :laugh:

12. Baramundi Bob

Your lucky I never laid a bear trap.

13. Baramundi Bob

My hairyest moment was when I fell 20ft+ off the ladder at North Hawsker. Did a somersault and landed on my bag, completely unharmed with the exception of a bruised hip and a massive dose of Shock. Poor Killer witnessed it from below. Fished the night out but felt really ill (must have been the shock of it)

Has it put me off ?

14. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

it was better than a bloody bear trap, and imagine how i felt, you had killer with you, i was on me todd down goldy. mind you the cod goggles take over, even after a lucky escape and your soon in the coddy zone, i mean look at me after my long walk off a short east pier :yes:

wouldnt that be a good story for you glenn????

15. Baramundi Bob

:wink: :laugh: :laugh:

16. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

You were a lucky boy glen lugs did the same thing glen and i took gary arkle down there in the ship open and rope across the top section the pin came out garry had his weight on it nearly went over the top he was bit shook up bit still went down the cliff what you do for codling .

paul.

17. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

not as extreme as robq but a few snaps of kettleness ropes and some steps me and sam dug in to make it that little less extreme for people

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

me and sam digging steps in to the top part of kettleness

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

remember taking the wrong rout up kettlness one night , it was a wet night i was allmost at the top and was going to slide back down on my arse , :scare: Garry came over the top and took my buckett of three rockling in a gallon of water ,

we got to the weigh in at the saltburn club and made it just in time , it was a bit if a laugh untill i took a couple of cod out of my rucksack as well,

think Garry was 1st and i was second , took the rcokling back to the beach to freedom

anothrt time we went down the chain at staithes nab terry stayed at port dog ,
    it started p1ssing down and we couldnt get back up the chain :scare: we had to walk to sheepstone,s to get back up with the tide comeing in, once again made it with seconds to spare , and another win for Garry, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

19. mick48

mick48 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice pictures rob and dave like to see robson green do that it puts him to shame he maybe struggle to get down but would go back up in helicopter like he did on that program about victoria falls shows your dedicated fishermen

20. robq

robq Rockling

Hopefully will be back at it it this year :yes:

Now my partner in lunacy is fully recovered from his broken leg :ugly:

Glen laptop repaired now so let me know what pics you want and I will see what I have in the original files. Not sure the best way to get big files to you ??