1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exmouth And Guernsey Kayak fishing road trip

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Apr 20, 2008.

1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Can you guys see what kind of company I had to put up with now :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :laugh:

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Sounds like youve led them astray. Poor people went for some peace and quiet and end up with a rowdy northerner singing sea shanty's and supping Newcastle Brown. :ugly: :happy: :wink:

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Really enjoyed the posts Ken, well done, sounds like you had a great time. How did you get the heroin when you were in jail though :laugh:

4. Nicepix

Nicepix New Member

[​IMG]

Hmmm. This makes my Kelly Kettle cooking look distinctly small fry...

[​IMG]

I did warn Ken that it was only a summer tent :whistle: but he was so grateful to be getting away from work / kids / wife or two weeks he didn't care. I reckon he'd have been happy in the gazebo.

5. Baramundi Bob

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

6. carpyken

carpyken New Member

It has to be said most evenings I was usually the last one standing and asking if anyone fancied going on clubbing :yes: :laugh: . Would love to show you a picture of the yak caught bass BUT WAITING FOR OUR DORADO TO SEND ME IT :whistle: :laugh:

7. Nicepix

Nicepix New Member

You might be waiting for a long time. He has to kidnap a passing teenager to show him how to work the computer.
    (That's why he does so much copy/pasting) :kiss:

8. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Clive, Johns kelly kettle was brilliant, boiled water in no time . . . and I think I may have difficulty getting the Cadac and gas onto the yak :crazy:

The tent was spot on mate but in all honesty I spent the 10 days sleeping in the van and used the tent soley for storage. I made a camp bed that went over the vans rear bulkhead and an old curtain around the cab windows :nerd: :happy:

9. Nicepix

Nicepix New Member

Sleeping in the van? Curtains? Bloody pikeys get everywhere!!

You should have said about the sleeping bag Ken. I've got an ex-army bag with a waterproof base, sleeves and a zip off back to facilitate for crapping in the woods without undressing. I used to sleep out in the open air in December nights protecting his Lordship's pheasants from poachers at one time.

p.s. Latest addition to the Kelly Kettle set up
    [​IMG]

Ideal for even cooking of toast, fish and sausages :yes:

10. Baramundi Bob

Are you a bailiff/gamekeeper Clive ? Sorry for being nosy.

11. Nicepix

Nicepix New Member

No Glenn.

I have a couple of mates who are into the shooting world. One has his own partridge shoot and used to have a pheasant shoot too, and the other was a gamekeeper on part of a Lordship's shoot. I used to give them a hand especially around Christmas time when the poachers were expected. Have spent many a happy hour laid asleep in the woods waiting for the thieving b'stards to turn up.

12. Baramundi Bob

The new gamekeeper on Normanbys land is keen. He came after me thinking I was after his pheasants and all I was doing was going fishing at Goldsborough. When he realised I wasn't doing anything wrong he gave me a lift in the back of the pick up :cheesy: :happy:

13. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

never knew you fished down there Glenn :gum:

14. Baramundi Bob

Well ever since I saw your car there I thought it must be a good spot :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:. Fished it regular for about 10 years now Ray. Still havent really figured the spot out but do occasionally manage the odd half decent bag :wink:

15. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Of pheasants?? :laugh:

16. Baramundi Bob

The pheasants would be easier pickings Ken, they are really dum creatures when they've been penned up.

17. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Fished there a few years ago and there was only 2 cod weighed in, mine and another. Unfortunately mine was the smaller :sad: What was more unfortunate was, the other cod, so I,ve heard, was dodgy (should have put doggy there and we might have got some more pics Glenn) :wink:

18. Dorado

Dorado New Member

Ken - they are on the other computer. Got to get them across before i can email them to you - need email too please. Ta.

19. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thanks mate :wink: , pm on way :happy:

20. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

haha there must have been someone from shildon there for the wheels to go missing lol :laugh: great read lads very entertaining :yes: