1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everything comes to those who wait

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by cps, Jul 7, 2013.

1. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done Chris and co, fully deserved :yes:

2. cps

cps Rockling

a few more shots of sunday
    I cartnt really add much to marts report only to say it seems a lifetime away since mart said one night how long do you recon it would take to get to the wall, and have you got any big hooks :laugh:
    that was 2009 I think, so 4 summers later od knows how many miles and gallons of derve later hear we are with the photo ive been waiting for,
    would have liked to catch the first one myself but after all the planning and effort mart puts into the end gear and ground bait he deserved it,
    also I carnet wait to see mick doing battle with his one arm :laugh: :laugh: think me and mart will be able to get a good kip in while he plays one out :laugh:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    after seeing that one close up and realising how much biger that I thought it was to start with makes me think the one mart lost was much bigger as I recon it was a foot longer from tail to dorsal so probably more like a 500lber :surprise:
    watch this space we have the big fish bug :yes: :yes:

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Think you need to knock up a gaff attachment for Rick Chris :whistle:

4. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Just met the legendary Willybendit, when he most awesomely swapped my old 9000cl with one of his many ct's. Result.
    In process he showed me his traces. Scared the bejeesus out of me. Hooks sharper than bass ones, but the size of your hand. OMG.
    A very enjoyable hour.
    That is one fantastic result on the shark. Porbeagle?

5. Spawney-Dave

Spawney-Dave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great pictures Chris, have you finally invested in a decent camera ? :laugh:

6. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Brilliant stuff ,well done to all concerned on a great team effort.

Good luck in your future exploits.

7. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

well done boys,good day all round. :happy: :happy:

8. Carrsythecod

Carrsythecod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Wow, That's fantastic stuff!! While reading I just kept hearing that great line from Jaws "Were gonna need a bigger boat"

9. mww

mww Rockling

Thanks for putting those on Chris, first time I've seen them...might not be the biggest porbeagle in the North Sea, but must be in the top 2 or 3 most photographed!!

BTW Chris hasnt got a new camera, but Mick (Rick) has...

Interesting that we heard one of the Whitby Charter Boats (don't know which one) saying earlier in the day that they'd had a porbeagle up to the boat chasing a bait...

Mart

10. bucko

bucko New Member

We saw one on the way in on Sunday.
    Big flock of birds on the surface then a very thin wake appeared before the fin popped out.
    Not very far out at all too- a fit yakker could have reached it.

11. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i really think if you had the confidence to try i reckon the inshore reefs will produce porgies ,i fish well within a mile of land when sharking down cornwall we get most of the sharks there ,they come in for the coalies & pollock, big fish too 300lb plus ,skipper reckons they come in to pup there ,usuall get the first shark on the first big tides in june but often as early as may , cheers good luck ,,brilliant pics well done lads

12. MCP

MCP Blenny

Well done mart, time to get the tunny tackle out now. Thank Chris for letting me catch my first cod for 5 years. Has Jason dried out his phone! just about to board the A380 home see if the boy has got in my house! Cheers mick.

13. ziggy

ziggy luv it fishing

Now mick was nice meeting you. Phone never came back to life thank god for insurance. Ordered a water proof cover as soon as I got home for the new one. I'm still positive he said it was shallow enough Gave you and Chris some entertainment though

14. wilky

wilky Blenny

surprised nobody suggested a possible weight from the length - just had a quick search and 'With a Fork Length of 78 inches
    a Porbeagle will weigh about 210 pounds'

15. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Absolutely brilliant !!! Very well done to all concerned, Dedication, commitment, perseverance and bloody hard work paid off finally, I bet your all still buzzing, great stuff.

16. cps

cps Rockling

we did a calk with weight to length and got 220lbs so pretty close I think