1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everything comes to those who wait

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by cps, Jul 7, 2013.

1. cps

cps Rockling

:cheesy:

[​IMG]

Story and more pics to follow when mart or myself have more energy after14hours on the water today :happy:

2. Re: everything comesto those who wait

Coo!! looks interesting !!

3. WillW

WillW Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: everything comesto those who wait

That looks BIG! Look forward to the full story!

Will

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

4. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

Congrats to you both again Chris. Is it your turn next time or have you another mission in mind ?

5. cps

cps Rockling

yes dabs in the bay less effort required lol

6. bigbob1

bigbob1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one Chris .i was out that way today but the cod didn't want to play

7. rupert

rupert Blenny

A big well done to you both - I'm made up for you.

Tell us all about it!

8. Charliepat

Charliepat Blenny

Bloody hell.did you need a bigger boat? :yes:

9. mww

mww Rockling

...been a long day so I'll be quick...

Launched Filey beach just before 6am, struggled to find enough mackerel locally, so went more or less straight up to the Wall. Were probably anchored up & chum trail in at half 9ish...few mackerel straight away but not a lot else...Time marched on & around half 3 as I emerged from the cabin after a little "rest", my rod's ratchet went & stopped...we thought we could see a seal's head down tide shortly after, & retrieved this bait...enough small lacerations to make us think it could have been a shark..

[​IMG]

about half an hour later the shark showed itself just off the stern, just in the chum slick, then proceeded to try & catch one of the fulmars sat in the slick!!

Minute or 2 later, my float disappeared & line started peeling off...I was attached to a shark for the 3rd time, the previous twice having ended in diaster.

We didn't think it was all that big, & had it reasonable close 2 or 3 times, but never really close enough to get a proper look.

Eventually it came close enough to get a look, & seemed a bit bigger than we'd thought, although after a close pass it peeled back off down tide again.

After half an hour, though, it came alongside, close enough for Chris to grab the trace & hold it long enough for a few pics...it was a bit big to try & get it into the boat, or rather what it might do to the fixtures & fittings if we did get it in. A few photos later & we let it go...size? No idea, we reckon about 6 1/2ft.

Some pics, although Chris has got some more, probably better ones...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

& a cautionary tale...in the process of unhooking, Chris's leather glove came in to extremely brief contact with one of its many teeth...you can see the small cut in the clove, & if you look very closely, the corresponding nick in his thumb nail!!

[​IMG]

A brief word of thanks to Rupert for his advice & patience in answering endless questions, & to Willybendit whose wind on leader performed great...big thanks to Chris & Mick for persevering...I thought once we'd caught one, I'd think that'll do, but just want to see & catch more now...

Mart

10. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Time marched on & around half 3 as I emerged from the cabin after a little "rest", my rod's ratchet went & stopped...

about half an hour later the shark showed itself just off the stern, just in the chum slick, then proceeded to try & catch one of the fulmars sat in the slick!!

...it was a bit big to try & get it into the boat, or rather what it might do to the fixtures & fittings if we did get it in.

Its just like something from Jaws.. :cheesy:

I am so, so made up for you both, well done guys, know you have been trying for one of these for a while, brilliant stuff, made my evening, hope your still both buzzing like mad :happy:

11. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: Everything comesto those who wait

yeah really well deserved lads as I know youve been after one for a couple of years now. Always great when a plan comes together.

12. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Well mart & Chris ive just come back from the pub and im over the Fecking moon for you both Great catch the time and effort you two have put in its well deserved im only glad the wind -on`s did the job im chuffed to bits for you both I can now send my invoice for the wind -Ons Ha Ha tight lines Alain

13. Howard

Howard Blenny

Well done and deserved really pleased for you . I saw your trailer on the beach Chris and wondered were you had gone.

14. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Well done lads really pleased that all the hard work paid off.

The waters of the Yorkshire coast really do have some of the best fishing in the country...sharks,Halibut, will the Tunny ever make a comeback in numbers ? Imagine the charter possibilities, big game fishing charters in Yorkshire ! :cool:

15. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I think am going to stop wading! :no:

Awesome. Any ideas what species?

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well done Lads what a great read bet you were buzzing all the way back home ,
    was this your new boat Chris, if so what a bit of good fortune it brought :cool:

17. Spawney-Dave

Spawney-Dave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Brilliant, Its amazing that Chris still has all his fingers :laugh:

18. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

Porbeagle

19. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Nice one lads, top work and some nice pics too

20. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done lads, I'm sure you'll have even more success now you've broken your duck!
    Shame it never took chris's fingers off they're the scourge of the sandwich tray :laugh: