1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Every cloud has a silver lining west pier 9th dec 2011 topic has pics

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by woody, Dec 11, 2011.

1. woody

woody New Member

Well with my recent row of blanks i thought surely a blank on my birthday would be very bad luck so a late session was planned , i set off with slug about 7 pm our plan was to try saltwick beach / hole sister rock ,and then drop on west pier later for the flood , when we looked over the top i seen the swell was huge , i was wanting to get to sister rock eventually but it was that big i just stayed on in the back of the hole , first few casts were in vein , nearly got very wet at one point , conditions looked perfect for the back of the hole about 4hrs down got 2 bites in concession landed a 2lbr and missed a bite , still the white water over at the sister nab so the alure of the west had got the better of me .

We stopped off for a pizza to keep us going for a long night ahead . once on the pier seen lobbers he had had 3 one a good 5lb plus , we fished the harbour entrance , the first few hours were very slow , ritchy lobbers mate had had a couple from the end chucking on the sand to the left about 3hrs up on the flood , had my first a fish around 2lb then was quiet for a few casts , then over hw and the start of the ebb managed 4 more 3 over 5lb one 6.5lb we called it a day ( morning ) at 5am scores on the doors i managed 6 mr lobberly had 10 and his mate ritchy had 14 cod most of witch were 5lb plus hell of a doo !!! we all caught on all sorts of combs cart squid peelers , i tryed and tried to get my mate slug a fish as he has just started shore fishing , we tryed all sorts but he had a bit of a mare , will get u a fish next time dave !!!
    [​IMG]
    mine and lobbers fish just look at the stamp !!!
    [​IMG]

2. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

some nice fish there laads must have been a massive shoal of big fish

3. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Quality Woodster, really good stamp of fish.....

4. richie7

richie7 Blenny

Now that was a birthday to remember!!

Great read and pics too Woody.

5. Howard

Howard Blenny

Good stuff looks like the 80 s . Lets hope the fishing picks up .

6. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Nice fish Woody, a good stamp as well, shame the buggers never showed up last night in force :sad:

still if it was to predictable it would be boring :yes:

7. Merlin

Merlin Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Belated happy birthday Woody, well done you had a good bag, im Andy, I was on Sea Otter with you during the uptiding festival, i joined the forum and intend to get over once a month to try and get a few better fish on the east coast, its quiet at fleetwood I fished friday 5 hours not even a bite and the sea looked great. Im across next weekend so if I get anything ill post it.

8. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

nice one woody some cracking fish like as been said brings back memories of the 80s when you could catch a few for the freezer tightlines Alain

9. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

Good bag's are great to see any time,...just the thing to get you motivated...excellent result lad's hope there's many more to come for everyone...now come on santa you've heard the lad's...lot's more cod PLEASE!!! :yes:

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done guys. I always felt this season could be about Dec and January, given the stamp of the fish.

11. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

12. Davo

Davo Rockling

Well done Woody, on a cracking haul.

13. god ov all cod

god ov all cod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

outstanding woody well done m8 on the fish n happy birthday

14. andym

andym Rockling

Superb session well done

15. lochbois

lochbois Guest

Somebody should send the report to the council office and tell them why we need both piers repaired and get fishing and tourists visiting the Whitby town in the future .
    Well done lads :wink: :happy:

16. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Great session that mate, well done

17. slug

slug Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done woody was capped you got some good fish on your birthday, and it was good to see some cod on the pier . :yes: dont know what i did wrong to garantee the inevitable blank :clown: :clown: in such good conditions but theres always next time. :happy:
    got two hours kip in 48 hours was knackered but loved it

18. woody

woody New Member

cheers lads dave time and practice we willl get u a coddie this season mate :tease:

19. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Nice bag of fish lads. Can i ask, can we now get on the west!

20. woody

woody New Member

yes mate there is a temp bridge on there