1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boat Fishing Evening Uptiding

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by scrubbs, Mar 11, 2017.

1. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Went out on the "mistress" with Rich Cope last night uptiding. Sailed at 5 got back at 11 Nothing massive to report but I took home some nice fish.It was my first time uptiding in the dark but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Very peaceful :cool:. The usual bait was being used lug squid cart etc would definitely do it again :D
    less traffic coming back home as well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Got all this coming week off and next weekend, tempted to get out on skylark in scarboro, few nice fish being pulled out.

never thought of boat fishing at night, sounds nice. suppose less chance of sea sickness for some as no horizon to lock on to with the eyes ?

When i was yakking until last year i wanted to do a bit at night but couldn't find anyone to join me.
    well done on the fish, all cod ?

3. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

first ive heard of night fishing from boat sounds great

4. pinguelly

pinguelly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Do you think this night fishing would stop seasickness last time I went out I threw up all the flesh in the balls of my feet

• Like Like x 1
  5. scrubbs

I took home a whiting as well as 3 cod. It wasn't hectic by any means and I must of missed at least half a dozen more bites.
    I don't know about the seasick bit as we set off it was still light and it didn't get really pitch black at all but might be worth a go?

• Like Like x 1
  6. faraday

I thought sea sickness was actually motion sickness ? the raf and navy lecturers i sat in on explained why it happens - or so they said ! if i couldn't see the horizontal horizon line i thought it would be less likely to be ill ?
    Two years ago i fished yak comp in scar festival, 4 to 5 ft swells, i lasted an hour and was violently sick - unwell... and felt terrible for days after.

7. simon22

simon22 Rockling

What's people's opinions on boat at night. Never done it but would like to try. It seems more fish are had during the day. I wonder if it's because the fish move closer to shore in the dark!! Don't know but it's a throught

8. simon22

simon22 Rockling

I would like to do an all nighter.

9. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

it has been mentioned in earlier forum on both boat & yak

GJW ? /gary? posted a topic on the aspect of night boat fishing

was an interesting article.

Andy M posted a dusk / night topic for yakkers with night pics

of zetland house & hacienda "glow sticks" on yaks , another good topic.

perhaps rich/big cod etc may have to consider more of these trips if

demand is there.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. scrubbs

I only know of Rich that does these trips Haven't heard of any other skippers doing them?
    they certainly fill a niche market.
    An all nighter would be interesting but would it be 6 at night till 5 in the morning, easier for those that regularly work night shift I suppose? and Rich would have to have no bookings the day after either or he would be falling asleep at the wheel or in the wheelhouse;)
    The 5 till 11 was perfect for me as it wasn't changing any sleep patterns.

11. faraday

I really fancied a trip out, so got in touch with my mate nick (skylark) in scarborough, but sadly not licenced to charter nights. only an hour either side apparently.
    obviously a gap in the market here on this subject and a possible business expansion opportunity for any skipper to look at ?

I work full time days, only get out on a night from the shore, not possible for me to go out on boats during the day obviously.