1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evening Kayak Session - Skinningrove - Thursday 12th June (vids added)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Crazy Stu, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Crazy Stu

Crazy Stu Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I had a quick evening session of Skinningrove last night (Thursday) after work. I set off about 6pm. Half a mile out the first drop produced a Mackerel, then another. I went a bit further out to find the Cod. I ended up catching 6 or 7 codling most to a pirk the rest on cod daylights. On the way back in I stopped close in to catch a few more mackerel and have a play about with a spinning rod and spinner for a bit of sport. Here are some pics. Video to follow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://youtu.be/WpXrXI0SEIw

http://youtu.be/-oxrU85nNV4

2. Tim in Yorkshire

Tim in Yorkshire Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Evening Kayak Session - Skinningrove - Thursday 12th June

Looks like a nice session there. Got one Mackerel on Sunday off the RIB, looks like they're starting to arrive, must get off next week on the Rib or kayak to get some for the smoker.

3. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Great little bit of sport there :)

4. Crazy Stu

Videos now added. Enjoy.

5. Davo

Davo Rockling

Nice one Stu. that first macky in the 2nd vid seemed to give you the runaround.

6. Crazy Stu

Yeah I know. It certainly put up a good fight. It deserved to escape I think. LOL.

7. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Really enjoyed watching..Keep up the good work Stu and its nice to see people returning a few smaller fish to give them a chance which makes a nice change :)

8. andyman

andyman Doh! Come back, stupid fish

Great videos Stu. It must have been nice to catch in such calm conditions. I fished from Skinny three days before you in similar conditions and caught a few codling of similar size, but there was no sign of any Mackie. Well done mate.

9. Crazy Stu

Thanks Andyman. Yes it was good calm week that week. I love it when it's like that.