1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boat Fishing european inshore fishing ban?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by scrubbs, Jul 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

2. Zetland

Zetland Blenny

It's probably a negotiating ploy by the Government, basically saying, "look what you're going to lose if you don't give us a good deal over Brexit". T.M's hoping all the EU boats will start blockading continental Ports and Harbours in protest when they realize they've got nowhere to fish.

3. scrubbs

4. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Not without an increase in quota

The Tories plan on introducing a law to enshrine all current EU legislation into UK law once we leave the EU but theres the rub, whatever quota the boats currently have now will be exactly the same after we exit the EU so no advantage to any local boats

Those boats that are holders of legally entitled quota will still have all rights to the fish, after all they hold a legal entitlement to it, upholdable in a court of law

Its not as simple or as black and white as its made out to be

5. scrubbs

But wouldn't it then be British court of law as opposed to European law courts to stipulate the quotas and the licence to fish.In the uk wouldn't it have to be re issued ie only to British boats? and it doesn't matter whether it Tory, Labour or the Whigs It will be whichever Government that is in power when it becomes Law...British Law. Also if there isn't as many European boats won't the stocks recover faster? The fact that we will keep all legislation is just a base as far as I can see as we don't have enough time, money or personnel to change the wording of every European law individually to suit. there is just too many. I think each law will be repealed/changed as we need to.
    Just my twopence worth:)

6. scrubbs

:D:) and another thing:) It won't stop the scallopers from oop north ye Ken or from darn sarf wrecking what little rough ground we have left. Or do I have it wrong are the scallopers from over the water señor??