1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU ARTICLE 47 - Sea Angling Under Attack again

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by stuartmac, Dec 16, 2008.

1. the artist

the artist what a view , i think ill paint it or fish it

Re: Sea Angling Under Attack again

just sent my objections ... dodgy fukkers

2. stuartmac

stuartmac New Member

Hi Everyone
    Could not agree more with Glenn's comment by all means use the salient points of the Draft but put your own bit to make it personnel. The more you can turn the points round to your own style the more notice will be taken of it. But rather than do nothing use the draft instead.

3. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Re: WHY ?

sign the petitions and e-mail yur MEP, after that we'll do the same as the French did with the smoking ban ignore it they cant arrest everyone Gandy proved that. Anyway Merry Xmas everyone!

4. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

signed petition :sad: hope it helps

5. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

The effects on shore fishing, boat fishing, fishing related retail buisnesses which is clothing, tackle, chandlery, boat building, to name a few would be massive. Lets take it one step further and say this legislation came into force. Do you think the decision would be reversed when all the revenue is lost and the people are out of work? If you think that the answer is yes, then I would say it was a lesson learned and it would put such a stupid proposal to bed once and for all. If the answer is no, they wouldn't reverse it, well let them get on with it as it shows what low esteem we are held in, and something similar would happen in time anyway. These topics are coming up on such a regular basis now, a constant stream of political nonsense of which I have no understanding. How many times do we have to respond? how many do we have to read? I need some inspiration from somewhere because to be honest I just feel like finding another hobby.

6. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

To be perfectly honest Im sick to my back teeth of being told what I can and cannot do by people who have no intrest in the economic structure, welfare and prosperity of this country, time and again we are informed , usually by the press, that some rule which we didnt know was getting passed, got passed by some chinless beauraucrat in europe, guess what,....we never got to vote and now we cant excercise yet another civil liberty.
    this is just covert fascism.

7. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

have just wrote to my meps for durham area and got "little sage" to write as well
    this needs to be the top of any shore / boat anglers agenda or we could possibly have no sea angling next year.....me and Lee have already lost one pastime we both loved doing (single handed hare coursing with lurchers)...this was banned when Hunting got banned....i attended rallies, marches, and wrote countless letters then ...i thought i had done enough....but now hare coursing is illegal but i know it still happens...those caught get hefty fines, cars confiscated and even dogs get destroyed...we definatly need to act now or it could be too late...i myself do not want to be sneaking about ...looking over my shoulder all the time..evading capture...from the fish police when quotas are full...

i might sound as if i am a bit cynical...but action needs to be taken NOW by ALL SEA ANGLERS

8. Davo

Davo Rockling

Paul, you are spot on mate.

9. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Hear Hear i to love coursing and terrier work that's history the same as pistols, i too did all the marches to London (damm that place stinks) but did they listen NO,
    There was lots of jobs went from the hunting ban ,WE cant let this happen again

quote(I just feel like finding another hobby)quote, Ray why give in for some thing your passionate about and good at, the Belgium's and french would`nt stand for this crap so why should we.
    Shark

10. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I had terrier's and lurchers too shark, and that ban was going to come about whatever we did. There was financial implications with the ban but the public support against it was too strong.The difference with this IMO is the financial losses are much, much greater. Unlike the licence carry on, which was something dreamt up for this country, this is being proposed in europe. Certain country's are opposed to it as I understand/or not. If this is the case they will have far more knowlegeble people than me explaining why it should not go through. The reasons they will give will be exactly the same as ours. If they cannot sway things what chance have I
    I felt like emigrating after they banned hunting, on hindsight I wish I did! I,m fairly sure this will fade away, I,m also fairly sure something else will come along fairly soon and to be honest I,m finding it tiresome.

11. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

Sent a letter off to the MEP's, local MP and Lord Rook.

The 'writetothem' link by CBass is brilliant. Can be useful for a multitude of things. Thanks for that.

Their are 1000's and 1000's of anglers like myself who live 100's of miles from the sea, I'm 125 away, 250 mile round trip every tme I go, so why should the likes of me be penalised for fishing maybe a dozen times a year and if I'm lucky, maybe catch 12- 20 cod a year.
    Bureaucracy gone mad again.

I'm disabled so a bit of angling is very therapeutic and great for my health. Again 1000's upon 1000's like me.
    Why should we be stopped from doing maybe one of the only pleasures we have in life because the odd cod we catch might just push those quota's over the limit.

Just who do we have supposedly running this country, an island surrounded by water?
    Beggars belief.

Don't worry, I gave them hell in my letter, that's if they take the time to read it! Probably too busy knocking back the vino at the tax payers expense!
    Like was suggested make the letters personal.

Thanks for bringing this to the attention of everyone here lads. Let's hope it does do some good for once.

12. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Once again the baffons are at it again putting anglers into the quota system cod stocks arnt where they are now because of anglers a man with a wooden head knows that they are picking on the wrong people and nothing will be gained by doing this the only thing what will come out this is a massive loss of revenue to the local ecnomy and charter boats will be a thing of the past here in whitby alone discards account for more cod alone throughout the year than what anglers take .

paul.

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

So what you going to do about it Paul ?

14. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

I think we need to approach our locl MEP first try and organize a meeting with him this whole thing could be a nail in the coffin .

paul

15. CBass

CBass New Member

Maybe you should think about doing some of your own (wcsa) research Paul.

You could ask all the lads on trips to fill out a questionaire about how much they have spent on bait, tackle, accomodation in Whitby, extra money spent in town and numbers that might give a nice graph to show the potential catastrophic effect, not just on your businesses but the town as a whole.

16. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

CBass there was a questionaire done a few years ago and beleive me it runs into millions of pounds a year brought into the local economy through boat angling alone that doesnt include shore anglers what amaizes me is just what the hell are these idiots going to gain by putting quotas on anglers they are totally clueless to what happens in the real picture.

paul.

17. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Glenn being on the phone to our local MEP he back from brussels tommorow i will try and get a meeting organized asap.

paul.

18. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Who's the best person to write to, my local MP or MEP......or God?

19. newdave

newdave Guest

its at least 2000 years since the last one spoke to anyone allegedly, so would give that a miss :laugh:

and almost as long since one of the others listened to the common man. :whatever:

20. bucko

bucko New Member

This is something big, make no mistake and as such I would say that it needs the support of every business in every coastal and inland town that would be affected by it.
    I'm no expert on the implementation of such a legislation but I think anglers and businesses together could give any objection a bit of clout- especially if all the non-angling related businesses that benefit from the sport got in the act too.
    The UK Sports Minister could be a good contact with regard to this too.